• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Color Obsessions

meff

Anyone else here have intense fascinations with specific colors and color combinations? I've been obsessed with pink for years and as an artist I tend to latch onto various color schemes involving pink. I'm to the point where I feel like I have a deep, spiritual, meaningful personal connection with the color, which strikes me as strange when I really step back and think about it. Regardless, when I see it used in the right context, I find myself entering a very blissful, sometimes even euphoric emotional state and it often calms me down when I'm anxious. This is something that's been developing in intensity over time, and I don't see it stopping soon. I even maintain a 'pink' tag on my tumblr blog for pictures I find that strongly feature the color. I used to have a milder but similar fascination with deep turquoise, and it's still my second favorite. Lisa Frank-style rainbows used to mesmerize me as a child, and I used to even say my favorite color was "rainbow."
I know many people, NT and otherwise, have favorite colors, but I've reached the point where that doesn't even begin to describe my ongoing associations with the color pink, and the way I've always interacted with colors. Anyone else get this?

I can't recall the artists's name, but I remember learning about a particular artist, who was obsessed with a particular shade of blue. He was so obsessed, that he would paint canvas after canvas, of nothing but that same shade of blue.

I myself haven't dedicated myself to one colour, but I do find that certain colours can change, or compliment my mood, and there are colours that soothe me more than others do. I used to be more partial towards dark purples, but have long outgrown that. At the moment, I really love light, warm shades of blues, olive/ apple greens, salmon/ coral, black and white.

I have a large interest in colour theory, and what it can tell us about our personalities. There's one test I like to take every now and then, as I have found that my preferences to certain colours have changed as I have grown as a person.

Here's a link to the test, for anyone interested:
ColorQuiz.com - The free five minute personality test!

Here's a basic example of what certain colours can say about us:
Color Wheel Pro: Color Meaning

I've always been into blue. Particularly greenish blue. The color from the Crayola 64 box that was called green-blue.

I've also always had a thing for gray cloth car interiors, and whevever I would do a model kit, I'd try to mimic this. This comes from when I was a kid in the 80s and many cars had bright colored vinyl interiors such as red or yellow and I didn't like that.

My clothes are almost all blue or black or gray too. I'm just not into anything on the red side of the spectrum.

I've always been into blue. Particularly greenish blue. The color from the Crayola 64 box that was called green-blue.

I've also always had a thing for gray cloth car interiors, and whevever I would do a model kit, I'd try to mimic this. This comes from when I was a kid in the 80s and many cars had bright colored vinyl interiors such as red or yellow and I didn't like that.

My clothes are almost all blue or black or gray too. I'm just not into anything on the red side of the spectrum.
Hehe, I used to have a thing for greenish blue, and gun metal grey too. Still like them, but am currently exploring other colours :)

And yeah, never really warmed to red for some reason

I can't recall the artist's name, but I remember learning about a particular artist who was obsessed with a particular shade of blue. He was so obsessed, that he would paint canvas after canvas, of nothing but that same shade of blue.
You could be referring to any one of a number of artists, actually. I know Picasso had a "blue period" for a while.

I don't know if I'm obsessed with any colors, but I'm fond of certain hues during certain times of the year. I love all colors and try to appreciate them throughout the year.

I can't think of more than a few color combinations that I fancy in particular. Examples include: red and black, and purple and green (points to those who can guess why :p).

You could be referring to any one of a number of artists, actually. I know Picasso had a "blue period" for a while.

I don't know if I'm obsessed with any colors, but I'm fond of certain hues during certain times of the year. I love all colors and try to appreciate them throughout the year.

I can't think of more than a few color combinations that I fancy in particular. Examples include: red and black, and purple and green (points to those who can guess why :p).
Yeah, he did actually :)

Though this particular artist wasn't painting figures and objects in blue; the entire canvas was simply that shade of blue. There wasn't actually any figure, or image per se, just a flat colour that occupied the entire surface of the canvas.

I thought it was interesting how obsessed he was with that one shade of blue. He had experimented with many shades, and after testing the many different shades, had come to the conclusion that that shade of blue was 'the best', in his opinion. He became so obsessed with the shade that he would produce multiple paintings, which were essentially the same thing. It seems more an outlet for obsession, to produce that blue colour so many times, then doing so to add to an image's theme or mood.

Not his actual painting, or the shade of blue he used (as I can't find him), but an example of what it would have looked like:

image.jpg

Ps. Joker and Harley Quinn ;)

Earth colors & blue...when I used to solo backpack, I became obsessed with wearing blended in colors. Either fatigues [comfortable and loved the pockets!] or black, brown or green. I've also done night hiking and dark colors come into play especially when you want to be stay undetected.

At the time I was young, collecting unemployment, waking up late and going on hikes late. Since I knew the trails by heart and few visited the back trails in the day time, at night it was mostly isolated.

Even today I love Earth colors...they are my favorite. Green reminds me of trees...

I have a large interest in colour theory, and what it can tell us about our personalities. There's one test I like to take every now and then, as I have found that my preferences to certain colours have changed as I have grown as a person.

Here's a link to the test, for anyone interested:
ColorQuiz.com - The free five minute personality test!

Here's a basic example of what certain colours can say about us:
Color Wheel Pro: Color Meaning

Those colour theories are interesting,

I have always had an affinity for yellow, it makes me feel happy and bubbly. More recently I have become a bit obsessed with mixing yellow with purple (pretty much that shade, and only that shade).

I love color. I love to color or do anything involved with color. I've always been fond of the effect a neon color against neutral earth tones. I see it in my art a lot.

I love picking out color combinations for quilts. Picking the fabric is my favorite part of quilting. I have a part time job at a fabric store and I find myself getting lost in the quilting fabrics. It's so calming.

My current color obsession is orange. It has been orange for a long time.

I like the color Orange. i had my room painted a bright home depot orange. and have orange things. for clothes, i have a color for each day of the week.

I prefer black as I'm extremely light sensitive and black to me is very soothing. Colour wise however I prefer blues and other cool colours, then reds, then purples and greens. I don't like some of the shades of orange and I dislike yellow. I've come to the conclusion that the more likely a colour is to be "bright" the less likely I am to like it.

Teal, green, silver and gun-metal grey are my colours. I almost always end up wearing a lot of black though, although my eyes are green, so I guess that's something :)

I love green eyes they are my favorite to stare at lol. I had difficulty looking at eyes so I turned it into a special interest as a child drawing eyes over and over till I wasn't afraid to look. Green is so amazing and rare. What kind of green? Hazel or just straight green? Mine are a grey hazel they can be blue, green, grey, or muddy grey. Depending on mood more then color I'm wearing.

In terms of colours I like lighter shades of blue. I tend to quite like milder colours rather than bright/intense ones - but then I also have a soft spot for bright, retina burning yellow for some reason. I think that's because it's quite satisfying when it's paired up with black.

I like things that create contrast too. Except when it's a pattern that's painful to the eyes, like the checkerboard pattern on Elvis Costello's My Aim Is True album, with the red lettering over the top of it - That's horrible. My dad has that album on the original 12" vinyl, but I never listen to it because I have to look at it to get the record out of the sleeve... Makes me dizzy.

Here's an example of the kind of thing I mean with contrast:

3.jpg

I think this is one of the coolest looking guitars ever because of the way the parts all contrast with each other without being too intense.

Purple! I've been OBSESSED with the colour purple since I was about 13. I love all shades especially darker shades, they're very calming and comforting to me :)
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1405274959.021248.jpg

Teal blue. Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling like no other color.
I have a teal thing. I love collecting teal mother of pearl and carnival glass items. My mom picked up on this and has started to buy me teal pillows. I used to even have a teal carpet when I was younger, come to think of it.

New Threads

Top Bottom