• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cleaning

Harry1965

Who else likes having their stuff in the right place but hates actually doing cleaning especially dusting? It seems like such a time waster.

I do it to avoid spiders. It's relieving to know that the dust will be gone. It's a necessity to comfort. It depends whether I enjoy it.

Me!

I need my space as tidy as possible and I HATE cleaning. I've paid for cleaners for years.

I don't always notice discomfort by dirt and dustiness, consciously. In my subconscious, there builds up nuisance. It depends on my mood. Am I restless, then it is more enjoyable.

I like cleaning in general. But I can get overwhelmed by the shear immensity of some projects.

I love being tidy and can function so much better and so, because cleaning is tedious to say the least, I listen to my music at top volume and concentrate on the end verdict. It also gives me permission to concentrate on my obsession.

Dusting is a strange concept because it is amazing to see dust free surfaces and yet, one is reluctant to get the duster out and so, I make it a habit to enjoy the after effects and the smell.

I come from an environment where there was no hygiene and in order to eat my dinner, I could not look at the carpet, because it would make me vomit! I happily do not have carpets in most of our home now and really love that, because I can see the dirt and thus clean it.

I also have a military type husband ( he was in the military for a few years) and he stops me from procrastinating because he is EXCELLENT at picking on things I have not done and so, for a peaceful environment, I feel better doing my household duties.

As it happens, have a lot to do today and all I want is to sit in our verandah and get cross stitching! It is an obsession because I have dreaming about it and every time I take a break, I feel such an urge to get back to doing it! Rather than going to bed last night, I just wanted to do my cross stitching lol

I have a two year old, once or twice I month I get the house perfect, the rest of the time I try to deal without and not freak out... :(

I used to love cleaning, it was like a therapy for me when I was younger, but now I hate cleaning, it is so hard to motivate myself to do it, but I hate my house being a mess, but we can not afford to pay someone to clean it. So if it gets done, I have to do it.

Hate cleaning and the appartment is usually messy. Still it's usually only the keys i have a usual place for. If i forget to hang the keys on their usual place, i can have big problems finding them. If i forget to hang the keys on their place, it can be real hard to find them later. And that can lead to lots of unnecessary stress, when i'm in a hurry and trying to find those stupid keys.

New Threads

Top Bottom