• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Classical Music

Thank you for posting this! Rubinstein is my favorite pianist. I have so many of his recordings, and own his two autobiographies as well. I also love his recordings with the Guarneri Quartet. The Brahms Piano Quintet is my favorite.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this! Rubinstein is my favorite pianist. I have so many of his recordings, and own his two autobiographies as well. I also love his recordings with the Guarneri Quartet. The Brahms Piano Quartet is my favorite.

I’d love to read his autobiography. Which one do you like best?

Happy Friday everyone! Here is some of the greatest chamber music ever recorded, featuring Arthur Rubinstein with the Guarneri Quartet playing Brahms Piano Quintet in F minor. On hearing this recording the great Canadian pianist Glenn Gould told Rubinstein in a joint interview, "this is the greatest chamber music performance with piano that I've heard in my life." ("I'm drunk on it," Gould continued. "My notion of what Brahms represents has been changed by your recording."). Arnold Steinhardt on Guarneri’s first rehearsal with Rubinstein.

Last edited:
Durufle's Requiem comes to mind as one of my favorite pieces.

I do have a ton of other favorites, including:
Beethoven's Sonata #14 in C# Minor (Moonlight)
Mozart's Requiem
Lots of Bach, including 3rd Orchestral Suite in D, Art of Fugue, Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben BWV 147, Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme BWV 140, and of course, Toccata and Fugue in D Minor
Vivaldi's Four Seasons
Handel's Messiah and Water Music
Grieg's Piano Concerto in A Minor Op. 16
Saint-Seans' Carnival of the Animals (Aquarium in particular)

New Threads

Top Bottom