• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Classical Music

I like exactly the same kind of music. Scriabin is great. I'm enjoying learning some of his preludes.

I love the piece you posted. Wow. There’s something about the piano that affects my emotions so deeply. The prelude you posted makes my stomach knot and my sympathetic nervous system go a little wacky. I love Scriabin!

I love Camille Saint-Saëns Carnival of the Animals. My mom often played it for me when I was a small child. I’d dance to it on my little stubby legs.

I’m also a fan of Grieg, Satie, Vivaldi, Prokofiev, Tchaikovsky, Liszt, Beethoven and Mozart.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Here is the Scarlatti Sonata in D minor (K.141) for you to enjoy from one of my favorite pianists, Martha Argerich. She plays the piano like a boss.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Here is the Scarlatti Sonata in D minor (K.141) for you to enjoy from one of my favorite pianists, Martha Argerich. She plays the piano like a boss.

Fantastic. That one’s intense. I have a recording of her playing Prokofiev’s Toccata but had never seen her in action. She’s fabulous!

Gosh, having to pick just one piece makes it difficult. My lullaby as a baby was 'March Slav' alternating with 'Capriccio Italian'. I did not even get into contemporary music until I was in my early twenties.

Therefore, there are too many composers of note to mention, through any period you care to name. So I will just leave it at that.

The one piece of music that always lifts me up and pierces my soul, sending shivers along my spine at a specific point, [Every time, no matter how many times I listen to it], is the Choral Finale of Mahler's 2nd. I have never experienced a more glorious spirit lifting piece of music. Leonard Bernstein's interpretation is my favourite, as he is just so invested in it that he almost becomes the music.

I enjoy listening to classical music. It is so difficult to choose a favourite piece. Pachelbel's Canon in D and Vivaldi's Four Seasons are among my favourites.

Gosh, having to pick just one piece makes it difficult. My lullaby as a baby was 'March Slav' alternating with 'Capriccio Italian'. I did not even get into contemporary music until I was in my early twenties.

Therefore, there are too many composers of note to mention, through any period you care to name. So I will just leave it at that.

The one piece of music that always lifts me up and pierces my soul, sending shivers along my spine at a specific point, [Every time, no matter how many times I listen to it], is the Choral Finale of Mahler's 2nd. I have never experienced a more glorious spirit lifting piece of music. Leonard Bernstein's interpretation is my favourite, as he is just so invested in it that he almost becomes the music.

I did not know who Mahler was until I got the great course a few years ago on what an interesting choice.

New Threads

Top Bottom