• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Classical Music

Do you like classical music

I don't know much about classical music other than that I like it. I got started listening to it because I had a girlfriend for 2 years who was second chair violinist for Minnesota. Mostly I listen to it while writing as it blocks out the world so I rarely catch song names, not good with names anyways. I like the flying nun piece and there is a bouncing clarinet one I like, but I mostly like ones that swish back and forth like ocean waves on the beach. I hate ones that break rhythm and march through instrument sections without regard to flow of music.

This is a thread to which I could never stop contributing, having been classically trained and played all sorts of different pieces. Here's some Strauss for you, from the great Herbert von Karajan:

I too LOVE classical music! Especially Mozart, Beethoven, & Bach. I love (love, love) Vivaldi's Four Seasons, & Pachelbel's Canon in D Major. Love some of the music by Handel, Schubert, Tchaikovsky & Brahms. I have 'collected' classical music (along with Christmas music) for maybe 30 years. I can find no words to describe such beautiful music. But it does enrich & inspire the soul.

There is a series of classical compilations that I really like that include the following:
Amazon.com: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Mozart for Mothers-To-Be: Music
Amazon.com: VARIOUS ARTISTS: Beethoven for Book Lovers: Music

I like the entire series ... from the pieces selected to the way they are performed.

Reading through the above posts there is some great music shared! Ahh Greensleeves, always loved it. Here's three different versions for comparison. I'm partial to the last, Renaissance style, although around the Christmas season I prefer a piano, flute harp mix.

Last edited:
My favorite is Danse Macabre by Saint Saens.... If the wavelengths of my soul could be translated into music, that song would be as close as you could get to understanding my inner being on this earth. I also love the cello more than anything else. I've found that the older I get, the more classical music speaks to me.

Greensleeves reminded me of some of my favorites carols, including "Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella". Hope it's okay to post it in this thread. (I can also move them elsewhere later.)

And "Carol of the Bells"

Another "Carol of the Bells", there are so many good variations of this one.

I'm not that into classical , but I do have a weakness for piano. My favorite is Chopin's Fantasie- Impromptu.

My favorite composers are Rachmaninov, Scriabin, Liszt, and Prokofiev, and I usually only listen to piano concertos, piano suites, piano sonatas, etc. I like the moody, turbulent ones.

My favorite composers are Rachmaninov, Scriabin, Liszt, and Prokofiev, and I usually only listen to piano concertos, piano suites, piano sonatas, etc. I like the moody, turbulent ones.
I love Rachmaninoff, he's one of my favourite composers. I like Liszt too. Haven't listened to those two others much.

Nicolo Paganinni, Antonio Vivaldi ,Strauss, Leonard Bernstein ,Antonin Dvorak, Edvard Greig,some of Wolfgang Amade Mozart,George Frideric Handel,JS Bach ,some Rachmaninov .

I love Jesu Joy of mans desiring ( Johann Sebastian Bach )it makes me want to cry ,i really like the words ‘hearts open like flowers’like any words with flowers .
Haven’t got the energy to get the app so I can download YouTube videos and the iPad is on its way out.

I like exactly the same kind of music. Scriabin is great. I'm enjoying learning some of his preludes.

New Threads

Top Bottom