• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Classical Music

StephF

V.I.P Member
Do you like classical music and if so do you have a favourite piece ?

I'm quite fond of Boccherini's String Quintet in E Major.

I love it but I also listen to other kinds of music. I like nessum dorma but not sang by pavarotti but by one guy from x-factor. It's the only kind of music that can make me drop some tears from time to time. Hmm... I am very sensitive with music, I can easily be cheered up or brought to easement.

I've often thought that anyone who is cerebral rather than mundane cannot fail to be moved by the beauty of some classical pieces. The simultaneous complexity and simplicity is such luxury to me.

Last edited:
I do like classical music ... almost as much as heavy metal. :p

My favorite piece is Puccini's 'O Mio Babbino Caro' as performed by Kiri te Kanawa:

It was once suggested Beethoven was the heavy metal head of his era.

I have no one favorite, but Greensleeves has been most played on my computer lately. I'm about done with my current classical piano part of my rotation and it's about time to move to strings or guitar again.

It was once suggested Beethoven was the heavy metal head of his era.

I have no one favorite, but Greensleeves has been most played on my computer lately. I'm about done with my current classical piano part of my rotation and it's about time to move to strings or guitar again.

Actually, that would have been Mozart (if you believe the playwright Peter Shaffer). Beethoven was a person of his own doing.

Me? Pick a favorite? Oh gosh... I wouldn't know where to begin. If I were to constrain the selection to music I've only listened to in the past month, well...

Let's try this one. I don't know why, but autumn weather seems to call for much Johann Sebastian.

Christian Hommel's rendition of BWV 1053 on the oboe d'amore is a particular favorite of mine. (starts at the 37 minute mark)

-Pachelbel's Canon in D
-Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor
-Bach's Prelude in C Major
-Bach's Cello Suite No. 1 in G
-Tchaikovsky's Flower Waltz
-Vivaldi's Four Seasons (especially Autumn and Spring)

Last edited:
Do you like classical music and if so do you have a favourite piece ?

I'm quite fond of Boccherini's String Quintet in E Major.

That reminds me of a kids series program. I think it was something like art attach but a certain part. They had a black curtain behind them and they dressed in black, they was doing a puppet show i think with bright colour puppets. I hope i got it right but that song came on. I can see 2 people with white masks as well i just cant picture it correctly. Il have to look into it and send a link lol

I remember now lol i was close
Zzzap

At present my favorites are-
Nights in the gardens of Spain by Manuel de Falla
Grand Canyon Suite by Ferde Grofe
Nocturnes and La Mer by Claude Debussy
Gaspard de la Nuit by Maurice Ravel
The Pines of Rome by Ottorino Respighi
An Alpine Symphony by Richard Strauss
I like what is called impressionist music or postcard classical music by some (basically music that depicts a scene or environment).

Wagner - Liebestod from Tristan und Isolde
Bruckner - Symphony no 3
Beethoven - Ode to Joy from Symphony no 9
Mozart - Queen of the Night's aria from Magic Flute

New Threads

Top Bottom