• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Chronic Fatigue

Peace

V.I.P Member
  1. I experience it from a hidden physical illness that I have and have become somewhat accustomed to it. I had an epiphany today though. I realized that I suffer chronic fatigue from the constant reminders of how I differ from the majority of society due to my Aspergers. It has been cyclical for me that I get comfortable with my life, almost forgetting how unaware I am of "The Rules". Then something happens that bursts my bubble and suddenly I feel alien again. I love people and want to have a friend, but it appears that I am too strange for others, even on here.
  2. This is not a plea for sympathy, just an observation and pouring out of my feelings. I am sure some of you can relate. Please feel free to talk about it here. Even though one is lonely, it helps to know we are not alone.
  3. Thanks

I call mine "son". :p

But I've been feeling tired my whole life. Even when I was a kid it felt like my limbs were hollow or something. Whether that comes from my hereditary issue or not, I dunno. It'd be nice to feel lively more often than not.

1. I experience it from a hidden physical illness that I have and have become somewhat accustomed to it. I had an epiphany today though. I realized that I suffer chronic fatigue from the constant reminders of how I differ from the majority of society due to my Aspergers. It has been cyclical for me that I get comfortable with my life, almost forgetting how unaware I am of "The Rules". Then something happens that bursts my bubble and suddenly I feel alien again. I love people and want to have a friend, but it appears that I am too strange for others, even on here.
  2. This is not a plea for sympathy, just an observation and pouring out of my feelings. I am sure some of you can relate. Please feel free to talk about it here. Even though one is lonely, it helps to know we are not alone.
  3. Thanks

I think that it is interesting that you feel like your chronic fatigue is due to your being different from the majority of society because of your Asperger's. You also stated that you like people and would like to have friends. I can relate to how you feel, to a point. I am also different from the majority of people due to my Asperger's. I am unaware of the "social rules". I am very uncomfortable in social situations without help( my wife), so I avoid these situations whenever possible. This is how we differ. I have fatigue also, but it is due to physical illness and old age. While I am friendly to people, I do not know anyone who I would consider a friend and I do not know if their is anyone who considers me a friend, but I am OK with that. Most of my contact with other people is family and people who seek me out because they want something from me. As it is, I am different from 99% of the people on the planet. Why would I want to become one of the masses who have socially driven beliefs, priorities and behavior? I see my Asperger's as a advantage and I am basically a happy person.

I can certainly can understand you wanting to get comfortable with your life. I wish I could tell you how I got the attitude that I have, but I can't. I did not make a conscious decision to have this mindset, it is just the way I am. I have read a lot of your posts and your certainly not to strange for me. I doubt that your to strange for the rest of the AC community. This is a good place for people like you and me. I really hope that you can find a way to get comfortable with your life. Good luck.

Thank you for your input but allow me to elaborate. I do suffer from fatigue from a chronic illness as I stated in my opening sentence. Secondly I do not believe that wanting to get along with more people makes you like them, it would just allow me more time with people. I also consider having Aspergers an advantage, just not socially. What I desire is a person or two that I can have coffee with, go fishing or just hang out. I have many people in my life but not one that I do anything with other than when someone needs help. I am very mechanically inclined and often get called when there is a problem which I enjoy, but I wish that I would get a call someday just because.
I have my family who I get along with after many years of struggle and I am grateful for that. I know most of the people in my area and get along with them. I have felt more at home here than anywhere else I can remember. This is a good place with good people.
Lastly I did not intend to give the impression that I am unhappy. I am at peace despite my struggles. I have come to accept how I am and the only thing that I would change about myself would be to get along well socially, but not at the cost of changing my personality.
Thank you for your encouraging words and your positive point of view.

All the various medicines that I need to control anxiety, anger, and depression give me chronic fatigue. I've practically given up all hope of normalcy without them. Chronic fatigue does really bite the big one.

All the various medicines that I need to control anxiety, anger, and depression give me chronic fatigue. I've practically given up all hope of normalcy without them. Chronic fatigue does really bite the big one.
Fatigue sucks, medication sucks and having to rely on anything just to find any kind of comfort is a burden. I have come to accept my burdens as normal. If I look at them as "Extra", or something more than normal, they seem like I am carrying an extra load and make me feel weighed down. So I look at them as part of being me, just like being so thin I have trouble finding clothes that fit. Or having my hair grow so fast that I need to get it cut very frequently, or like having Aspergers. That is my normal, and it is all a part of me. I don't wake up wondering if I will be in pain, I just wonder how much.
I hope for you that things level out and you find comfort somewhere in this world.

I wonder if I am starting to experience this. In the last few weeks everything feels heavy, it's harder to move around, and I want to sleep as much as possible. Haven't found anything that really helps put the pep back in my step. I can also relate to the "hollow limbs" feeling. I'm sure for me it's something like needing more exercise, and I've been trying to, but just a walk around the block and I'm done moving for the night.

New Threads

Top Bottom