• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Chrome browser issues

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Not sure if it's just on here, but lately my Chrome browser seems to be crashing quite a lot, and the screen goes blank.

It's the latest update of Chrome browser on the Chrome OS, which I'm not the world's biggest fan of but I'm kind of stuck because my Brother won't offer technical support if I go back to a Windows OS, and I can't afford to pay someone to fix any problems that may crop up.

Anyway, short of reinstalling the browser, is there anything I can do? I am aware of Google, I use it constantly but I haven't found anything useful to me on this topic.

Anyway, short of reinstalling the browser, is there anything I can do? I am aware of Google, I use it constantly but I haven't found anything useful to me on this topic.

Sounds like you're beyond considering just reinstalling the browser given blank screens and crashes.

The one thing relative to the browser would likely be to temporarily delete any third-party added plug-ins, extensions and browser applications and then reboot to see if the problems persist. If that no longer happens, then one them is the culprit.

However things like blank screens and crashes are more likely to be indicative of an operating system problem and not just the browser. If the problem persists even without any third-party browser products, you need to move on and consider doing a complete factory reset of the operating system itself.

Go to support.google.com and follow the appropriate links regarding Chromebooks for instructions.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're beyond considering just reinstalling the browser given blank screens and crashes.

The one thing relative to the browser would likely be to temporarily delete any third-party added plug-ins, extensions and browser applications and then reboot to see if the problems persist. If that no longer happens, then one them is the culprit.

However things like blank screens and crashes are more likely to be indicative of an operating system problem and not just the browser. If the problem persists even without any third-party browser products, you need to move on and consider doing a complete factory reset of the operating system itself.

Go to support.google.com and follow the appropriate links regarding Chromebooks for instructions.

I'll email my Brother, he's my tech support guy for the Chromebook.

Then why make the topic?

My Brother works full time in London and has 2 young kids, plus he hardly ever responds to emails.

By the same token, if you don't like that I made the topic, why reply? Post counts on forums are irrelevant.

I don’t care about my post count at all, I just think it comes off as rude and ungrateful to ask for help, then reply to the first helpful response with “I’ll email my brother”.

I felt the need to respond, because you have a habit of complaining about people not being helpful enough when you ask a question, or not getting enough responses to your questions, while at the same time having a habit of acting unfriendly and ungrateful to the people that are trying to help. You might want to rethink that approach, as it’s doing you no favors, and it doesn’t make people more likely to want to help you out.

New Threads

Top Bottom