• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cheese it, we've been discovered!

Alaric593

My daughter busted my wife and I; called us out for being the Tooth Fairy lol

She was out in the living room and she said loudly like a "Eureka'' moment, "Wait a minute!" then pitter-patter of her running.

She opened my office door and said, "You're the Tooth Fairy!"

I asked her why she would say such a thing and she said

"Because, I was out there playing with brother and started to pretend to be the Tooth Fairy and it hit my mind that if I can pretend to be the Tooth Fairy, that means you and mom could be pretending to be the Tooth Fairy. I just found you out, so Ha! There will be no more sneaky funny business around here, because I got my eyes on you now!"

I would still continue to be the tooth fairy for many years after that. Never admit anything. Keep the magic alive. Even when they're teenagers and know better, still, make sure the Easter Bunny, Santa, and the Tooth Fairy still come. Tell them the Sandman is coming so it's time to get in bed.

I got Santa presents until I was 24 or 25.

Deny everything! Never admit it! Even when they know better. It keeps childhood alive. I was in high school and had just got teeth pulled for braces. You know I put those teeth under my pillow, and "The Tooth Fairy" exchanged them for cash money. My mom's funny kindness sure helped with the trauma of getting six teeth pulled.

My daughter is 18, and we have always had a funny tradition. It goes back to my mom, when I was a kid. I tell my kid that on Thanksgiving, if you're bad, Turkey Tom comes and lays eggs all over the mantle piece. Big mess. Not worth it. Turkey Tom also comes on Easter if you've been bad. It's a funny joke. You see, Turkey Tom is really dumb (he's sort of a dingbat version of Krampus), and sometimes he comes even if you've been perfectly good. One year he left eggs all over the floor in front of the fireplace, and wrote a note, with backwards letters, telling her she'd been a very good girl. It was a hoot. We laughed so hard.

No problem.

In this day and age just explain to your daughter that the Tooth Fairy is a franchiser and that you and your wife are franchisees. Monetary compensation and tooth redistribution require a lot of infrastructure. And using elves just isn't cost-efficient. Too many labor/union problems. Just ask Santa.

Case closed. :D

Last edited:
Such a touching moment, thanks for sharing.

I told mine that Santa comes for those who believe in him and writte the letter, as I do. And I still get my presents.

Sometimes she looks at me like she wants to tell me something about the topic, but thinks twice and says nothing. Who knows whats in her smart little head. :)

I would still continue to be the tooth fairy for many years after that. Never admit anything. Keep the magic alive. Even when they're teenagers and know better, still, make sure the Easter Bunny, Santa, and the Tooth Fairy still come. Tell them the Sandman is coming so it's time to get in bed.

I got Santa presents until I was 24 or 25.

Deny everything! Never admit it! Even when they know better. It keeps childhood alive. I was in high school and had just got teeth pulled for braces. You know I put those teeth under my pillow, and "The Tooth Fairy" exchanged them for cash money. My mom's funny kindness sure helped with the trauma of getting six teeth pulled.

My daughter is 18, and we have always had a funny tradition. It goes back to my mom, when I was a kid. I tell my kid that on Thanksgiving, if you're bad, Turkey Tom comes and lays eggs all over the mantle piece. Big mess. Not worth it. Turkey Tom also comes on Easter if you've been bad. It's a funny joke. You see, Turkey Tom is really dumb (he's sort of a dingbat version of Krampus), and sometimes he comes even if you've been perfectly good. One year he left eggs all over the floor in front of the fireplace, and wrote a note, with backwards letters, telling her she'd been a very good girl. It was a hoot. We laughed so hard.

I haven't asked her yet but I'm almost certain she will want to continue especially when her brother starts losing teeth.

Waiting for the Santa shoe to drop now because I don't think it will be long before she connects the similarity of the Tooth Fairy only taking the tooth if she's sleeping and us pretending to be the TF to Santa only brings the presents when she's sleeping to us pretending to be Santa.

Waiting for the Santa shoe to drop now...
Wouldn't that be the Santa boot...?
full

New Threads

Top Bottom