• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

cats are the only ones who understand me

Erik Bennet

helo im new
me and gilly.png
i lost my cat in 2008 but he was the only living being that understood me and he had autistic traits like me and he was nervous and only trusted me and i felt like i related to him do you agree that cats are relatable to autism and feel like they accept you there was two other cats who would come into my yard and they would instantly bond with me and follow me and sleep on my lap

I lost my dog earlier this year and felt the same way toward her. She understood me and was just like me.

Yes I can related to this. When I sent my cats away I felt really sad. I still miss them because they were funny and loving.

I've always had dogs, usually two or three. They are the reason I get up every morning. Without them, I don't think I would have stuck around.

Hi Erik
Pets can be a huge boost to all kinds of people. My cat and his predecessors have all played a huge part in the preservation of my sanity. They are wonderful companions :)

Apparently I do relate to cats, because, according to a recent poll, more than half the members of this forum are cats.

I relate more to a wild animal. According to social structure, I relate to the sottted hyena. As far as routine, they have a strict hierarchy with each hyena having a rank. Just like me, we loooove to swim and play in water! Like me, hyenas are awkward and considered weird among others. We're both misunderstood. I can go on and on.

I lost my beloved Ashleigh this time last year. I had her for 18 wonderful years. The love of an animal is unconditional and cannot be duplicated. Ashleigh was with me through some of the best and worst of times. She took to mothering me and would meow at me when it was time to take medicine, go to sleep, check my blood sugar, etc. When it was bed time, she would pace in front of the door until I got myself in bed. Once I laid down, she placed herself strategically at the foot of the bed and went to sleep. Ashleigh would sleep on my lap when I watched TV or she would groom my arm hair. I miss her very badly.

0B88C66D-8C5D-419B-BFDD-CE9BB9D99333.jpeg
Same. I love cats. I’m not a cat, despite my cats thinking I am one or are they thinking that they are human?

The cat above was my first cat. His name was Mozart and we adopted him after I had been diagnosed with AS. He was something that I had to wake up and live for. I had to look after this little kitten of four months every day. He and I formed a close bond. He was my anchor and my only and real friend for years until I left for my final year at university. Unfortunately, he developed a form of cancer and died in my final year. But I’ll never forget him. He was important to me, and was there for me always when I really needed him.

Now I have four others that I’m “stuck” with. /joke

New Threads

Top Bottom