• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
Source: Capcom data breach worse than previously suspected

My thoughts: Recently, Capcom had a ransomware attack done against them. Basically, the individual who did that attack said that in order for Capcom to keep the stolen info about their upcoming games, such as Monster Hunter Rise and Resident Evil 8, they had to pay for it. Not only that, but personal information on their employees were stolen (fortunately, none of the employees' financial info was stolen).

All in all, I don't like this data breach. It was done by a self-entitled piece of freaking Rathalos crap who was impatient enough to actually commit a crime just so he can get information on an upcoming game early and release it to the public. For example, we know that Monster Hunter Rise is going to be released on PC in October, even though Capcom didn't want that revealed yet, and that Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wing of Ruin is going to be released on PC alongside the Switch release.

Think of the game developers working at Capcom feel about this? I don't think anybody would want information about projects they are working on revealed without their permission. Now that this is happened, it means that Capcom might change or even remove game content because it was revealed too early and so they would have to make edits so nobody has spoilers.

I am really angry about this because I am a Monster Hunter fan, and I respect Capcom's work on the franchise. It's kinda disappointing that Capcom just got done dirty like this.

There is even a video by Ragegamingvideos (who does a lot of MH content) saying that he won't cover the leaked content until Capcom announces it officially. I won't actually link to the video, since it would go against the site's rules because he swears a bit, but it was uploaded recently.

Now that this is happened, it means that Capcom might change or even remove game content because it was revealed too early and so they would have to make edits so nobody has spoilers.

Sounds like the person who initiated this attack didn't bother to give the outcome much thought. That in the long run it would be more expedient for a publicly-traded corporation not to give into their demands, but rather retool all the projects exposed to such an attack, even if they must be redone from scratch. No matter what the cost may entail. Otherwise giving into such demands would have caused shareholders to bail in a hurry.

Circumstances that somewhat resemble the hacking of the Sony Corporation in 2014. Though in that case it wasn't about ransom, but political retaliation.

It would seem the application of ransomware is best suited to attacking entities in which their real-time operations result in an interruption of services that can cause a catastrophic loss of life rather than property.

Last edited:
Sounds like the person who initiated this attack didn't bother to give the outcome much thought. That in the long run it would be more expedient for a publicly-traded corporation not to give into their demands, but rather retool all the projects exposed to such an attack, even if they must be redone from scratch. No matter what the cost may entail. Otherwise giving into such demands would have caused shareholders to bail in a hurry.
As far as I know, they wouldn't be starting completely over from scratch, considering they already set a release date for Monster Hunter Rise (and a demo for it on the Switch), and they said that Monster Hunter Stories 2 will be coming out during the Summer of this year. I'm not sure about the other titles they are preparing, though, such as Resident Evil 8.

New Threads

Top Bottom