• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can you stomach meat or other more "carnal" foods?

How much meat do you eat?

• I'm a carnivore!

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A lot

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Not much

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Almost none

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Herbavore/vegetarian/vegan

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

AspieWatchmaker

V.I.P Member
Since I was young, I've had a hard time eating meat. The textures, the tastes, pondering the process of the mastication and digestion of the flesh of another creature while it is still in my mouth... I have to disguise the meat in my diet so I don't think about it or notice it much. My favorite food is probably bread.

I ordered a case of Soylent to try out, and I like it better than trying to eat things I don't really want just to meet my nutritional needs, though I'm not doing 100% Soylent. If there is something I actually want then I'll eat it and enjoy it all the more because I am choosing to eat solid food.

Anyone else have trouble with meat? It is mostly taste/texture for me, though I can sympathize with the animal rights vegetarian types, until they start talking about how they deal with meat cravings...

I like fish and chicken, and I can do pork sometimes. Beef is disgusting and has to be ground and seasoned for me to be able to get it down. More exotic meats like lamb or duck or shellfish don't stand much of a chance.

I am a meat and potatoes sort of a guy. While I eat and enjoy pork, chicken & fish, my favorite is beef. I have been this way ever since I can remember, even as a kid I loved a good steak. I will eat almost anything and I have eaten a lot of strange things. I guess most people (including my wife) would say that I am a big eater.

I love Texas barbecue! It was a special interest of mine for a long time. I can smoke a pretty awesome brisket. Yum. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

I really like meat. I don't need to eat it every day, and I'll happily eat vegetarian and/or vegan most of the week, but I just cannot resist a good meat dish. I have a beef stew waiting for me as I'm typing this :)

I stopped eating red meat regularly years ago when I was finally able to relate it to much of my arthritis issues. Also my reflux limits me from eating meat as well. Still enjoy my tacos regularly, but they're ground turkey with taco seasoning.

Last edited:
I enjoy chicken, fish, pork, lamb, eggs (a lot of eggs) as well as beef. Have been backing off on the pork and lamb as cannot find a good, local source.

It does bother me some, but it bothers me to pull carrots, cabbages and lettuces out of the garden too.

Also, I just don't feel good without eating some meat almost every day.

I just eat whatever is nearest. I have a problem of not caring what I eat. I prefer healthy foods to unhealthy foods. Meat to me is either a sandwich or added on to foods at the dfac.

Not meat exactly but some other food textures and tastes... No thank you. Can't stomach Indian cuisine for example.

Thats an interesting topic...

I eat less and less meat. And got just thinking about it now...my parents always tell me i love things that have no taste...when i eat "normal food" ( i dont talk about junk food , i eat everything when its about sugar salt SAAAAAALT and fat.)

Most of the time i prefer when its with sauce to be honest, but sadly my parents never do that because its not realy healthy.

I had a period where i eat a lot of meat,I started working out and i heard i needed a lot of protein ^^

But i picked the " little natural taste" meat...

I found a lots of meat taste disgusting , and sometime the same food change taste for what ever reason .

Haven't liked red meat since I was a child. The texture and taste and the way it's cooked don't appeal to me. Prefer chicken and fish now, for some time I was vegan.

The vast majority of my daily caloric intake comes in the form of red meat. Probably not healthy long-term, but I do loves me some beef.

Terrible food trouble here. Tried to get a feeding tube.

I've gotten sick recently from eating meat products. More than once. I also think that the animals are living in terrible conditions, but so are lots of people. Seeds, beans, leafs, and fruits!

I eat mostly vegetarian with a little fish. Can't deal with the cruelty involved in the farming and slaughter of animals. Also feel a lot more healthy for eating lighter fare. Last time I ate beef more than 35 years ago, I could feel it sitting in my stomach like cement for at least two days. I hate that feeling.

I don't like meat that much and don't eat a lot. I don't like the fat and grisle and cartilage in it and can't eat it. I don't like it when it's rare and red and juices that look like blood come out of it - I can't eat that. I don't get why steak is so popular because, to me, it doesn't taste good and I don't like the texture. I used to be vegetarian, but started eating small quantities of meat because I was getting anaemic.

Meat disgusts me. I can't even look at it without feeling nauseous. I'm vegan both cos of aspergers (I can't handle anything coming from animals) and ethical reasons. Could never harm another creature. Meat is cruel.

When I was a kid, my family made fun of me because I used to cut off and discard every single piece of fat, anything that wasn't muscle tissue, even the tiniest bit.

A lot. Chicken is one of my favorite foods. Chicken burgers, chicken strips and chicken fingers are all foods I enjoy.

New Threads

Top Bottom