• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can anyone help me find a book?

Spidercat

A read this book quite a few years ago, and although it was possibly the greatest book I have ever read, my memory of the text is foggy. I remember a few specifics, but even they aren't specific enough for me to find a trace of this book online, or at my local library (where I originally read the book). Here's what I can remember:

There was a doll. I know many books have dolls in them, so this alone isn't any use, but I remember certain things this doll did. She'd cut out girls hair and put it in her own. I remember the description of all the colours mixing in with each other; browns, auburn and blondes, I believe. The colours aren't important, but I remember that one of the main characters had woken up with a piece of her hair missing, and found that it was now in the dolls hair. Creepy.

This girl also found a doll house in the house she was staying in. I'm pretty sure it was her aunt's or grandmother's (again, if not, doesn't matter too much). The doll house was an exact replica of the house she was staying in; It even contained a mini version of that creepy doll. The girl could tell where the doll was by it's position in the doll house (it would randomly move about, I think).

I'm almost certain there were people who could change into foxes and fish. I remember the description of the fish. Someone jumped into a lake or pond, then there was a silver colour, then a fish became visible, swimming in the water. There was also a man or boy who the girl met. He was mysterious, I believe. Near to the end I think she found out he could turn into a fox. Sorry, like I said, foggy...

That's pretty much all I can remember. I think there was one part where she goes into the basement and finds a notebook, but that could be totally wrong. I hope all these memories are from the same book. If some details don't ring true, please do not hesitate to give me some suggestions. I am desperate to find this book. It's all I can think about!

New Threads

Top Bottom