• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Calling all writers

The Phantom

Hi guys :)

the Phantom here, it's good to be back, since I haven't posted in a while. To all who are viewing this, nice to see you (again, if we know each other. But anyway, nice to see you, even if I don't)

Anyways, some who know me know that I really love writing, and I've possibly discussed this with some of you before. However, to those who are interested (and to those who like writing as much as I do), I'd like to start a group conversation to chat about ideas, genres, favorites, and other related things (such as writing playlists, those are really interesting to me :) ) Also, possibly sharing some drafts/exerpts and giving feedback

Please let me know if this interests you, I'd really enjoy it :D

Thanks!

- Phantom

Hi and nice to meet you. I love writing poetry and short stories,but am experiencing writer's block currently. Words used to easily flow out of my head and onto paper. Now, it takes great effort. Idk why. I seem to have run out of interesting ideas and thoughts. This might be a great thread for me to get back my talent. Thanks The Phantom :)

Hi and nice to meet you. I love writing poetry and short stories,but am experiencing writer's block currently. Words used to easily flow out of my head and onto paper. Now, it takes great effort. Idk why. I seem to have run out of interesting ideas and thoughts. This might be a great thread for me to get back my talent. Thanks The Phantom :)

Hi Catlover614! Great to meet you too :)
I also like poetry, mostly because I love songwriting, and they're very similar (imo). Short stories are also quite interesting, I've written some before, but the problem is is that I'll end up loving the concept so much I'll want to expand it into a full-blown novel :p

I'm having trouble with writer's block as well, in addition to plain motivation/procrastination issues. So hopefully, this thread will help both of us :) Would you like me to add you?

Thanks!

Haha, I've been to creepypasta before. I'm not a regular visitor, however It's quite fascinating, and some of those stories do manage to creep me out.

I actually haven't been to those other sights. Will definitely check those out, thanks.

Would you like me to add you to the thread as well??

I've been pretty crazy about writing lately. I like long form fiction. I love fantasy, so I've been working on a too-big fantasy novel since August. I want to finish by the end of next month so that I can do Nanowrimo for the very first time ever. And then I shall edit all this nonsensical material I'm producing.

I've been pretty crazy about writing lately. I like long form fiction. I love fantasy, so I've been working on a too-big fantasy novel since August. I want to finish by the end of next month so that I can do Nanowrimo for the very first time ever. And then I shall edit all this nonsensical material I'm producing.
Good luck, you go girl...no edits until you finish...promise me!:)

Remember to do thumbnail outlines to keep from getting stuck

I like fiction writing too! am not as good as you at getting going on it.

Good luck, you go girl...no edits until you finish...promise me!:)

Remember to do thumbnail outlines to keep from getting stuck

I like fiction writing too! am not as good as you at getting going on it.

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm committed to not editing until all is said and done, but it'll be a doozy with all the plot changes done on a whim :) Good luck with your fiction!

As a teen, I used to be the writer ideas man of an amateur superhero comics' team. I was good at creating origin stories, but it was difficult for me to keep story lines going particularly in the social interactions between the supporting characters.

My artist friend got me started on figure drawing and I eventually surpassed him in female figure drawing. (They are a little more complicated than just being boys with girl parts added. Who knew...!? ;))

Last edited:
The Phantom I like the idea by why start a group conversation when a thread would serve the same purpose? Unless that's what you meant and I assumed it was a group pm.

Since the thread seems relevant I might as well post here rather than create a new thread. I'm looking for a bunch of writers to start a new project. It's a shared universe that can include stories from any genre, it can allow supernatural elements and sci-fi elements and whatever you want, the only rule is that all stories must be in the same universe. Think of it like the Marvel or DC comics universes but in written form.

The stories can be released in short chapters like how authors such as Charles Dickens would originally publish their books in newspapers and magazines. Would anyone be interested in that? I'd probably make a separate forum for it for writers to share ideas, post their work so we can all team up to improve it and compile a timeline and plan out future events so nothing contradicts each other. Maybe some stories can have multiple writers. I don't have a name for it yet so that's something to consider.

The main focus is on giving people who love to write the inspiration and a platform to get writing and work with other people, and hopefully the short releases will get people reading who otherwise wouldn't.

I have an ongoing superhero story planned and a horror series, my prose isn't very good so I'm open to anyone wanting to work with me to spice it up.

I published via Lulu.com, which was pretty easy to get published. However, I still need to figure out how to get my work out there, to get it on Amazon, and I have onkybsold a few copies, and have yet to see a dime in royalties...

I published via Lulu.com, which was pretty easy to get published. However, I still need to figure out how to get my work out there, to get it on Amazon, and I have onkybsold a few copies, and have yet to see a dime in royalties...

Amazon is easy, they have step by step directions on their site.

You need a way of doing promotion. Start a website/blog? Offer free copies to pertinent bloggers? Do you have a fan fiction following?

Okay, so I set up a forum for the shared universe project idea. Anyone interested can join at http://lightning-creative.forumotion.co.uk just send me a pm and I'll give you access to the writing section. Like I said, writers a free to tell any story they want in any genre. I've already posted part of a story for feedback as well as pitches for another (possibly 2) story/stories that will be written as a group so any writers wanting to get involved with that are welcome.

There's still information I need to post there but this will hopefully be a group effort and I don't want to define everything so you're all free to suggest changes or additions to the system. I'm not even sold on the current name.

I hope to see some of you there.

New Threads

Top Bottom