• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cake

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
I had a fun time reading everyone’s responses for my pie thread. What do you think about cake? I’m not really a cake person. I like cupcakes, but that’s about it. My mom loves cheesecake. She will fight someone for a bite.

Same as you, prefer cupcakes. I do love a good lemon/strawberry shortcake or pound cake though. Chocolate cake is a given too. But less icing is preferred on all cake.

I like cheesecake! I quite like making it too! My girlfriend likes it when I make her Oreo cheesecake :) You can't eat too much though, even though you probably want too, as it's a quick way to gain weight sadly.

This is my favorite cake. My mum makes it. The recipe is from a cookbook from the 1960s that came with her brand new Kitchenaid mixer.

8C0EDFF4-34AB-4AA2-89AA-3087849FA674_1_201_a.jpeg

Classic wedding cake. White, moist cake and rich white frosting. :)

Without any non-edible decorations! (A long story...lol.)

Last edited:
depends on the cake. i love vanilla and chocolate cake. however, i'm the odd one out in the family cause everyone else loves cheesecake and i cannot stand it. also they love keylime pie and i wont touch that with a 10 foot pole

My favorite cake is a classic Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte. When I was working in Zagreb, Croatia, the Millennium pastry and gelato shop had the best Black Forest cake! Several times a week after supper, I'd stop at the Millennium and have a slice (with an espresso). Working far from home you take enjoyment where you can.

A close second is the Cannoli Cake one can get at the good Italian bakeries around Chicago. It is to die for.

Last edited:
I had a fun time reading everyone’s responses for my pie thread. What do you think about cake? I’m not really a cake person. I like cupcakes, but that’s about it. My mom loves cheesecake. She will fight someone for a bite.
I like cupcakes, cheesecake and cake.
I have always been a cake person.
Since I went vegan cakes are a bit different it is hard to get them fluffy without eggs and the base of the cake is more dense and for me not always as fluffy light and nice
And I cannot eat much sugar
But I still love a good cake, banana bread and date loaf can be very good as well.
I was actually going to make donuts soon
I enjoy baking

My favorite cake is a classic Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte. When I was working in Zagreb, Croatia, the Millennium pastry and gelato shop had the best Black Forest cake! Several times a week after supper, I'd stop at the Millennium and have a slice. Working far from home you take enjoyment where you can.

A close second is the Cannoli Cake one can get at the good Italian bakeries around Chicago. It is to die for.
My grandma used to make the best black forest cake, I am not overly fond of really rich or chocolate flavored things

Chocolate lava cake, carrot cake, Guava cake, cheesecake, lemon bundt cake, angel food cake.

My first thought upon seeing this thread was, "How could I not click on a thread with that title?" which I think answers your question.

Carrot cake and cheesecake! And the Dutch cousin of cheesecake, which uses quark instead of cream cheese and isn’t baked.

I love cake. My favourite kind is usually a chocolate with vanilla frosting, or plain vanilla cake with vanilla frosting. Cupcakes are just as good if not easier to make.

the *worst* cakes are ones which use 'traditional frosting' which is absolutely disgusting; nothing more than whipped-cream. gross in my opinion.

cake 2.gif

I wish we had this tradition when I was a kid. All we got to do was sing Happy Birthday.

;)

I like cake and cupcakes. So many different kinds.

Before I became a vegan I didn’t really like cheesecake. But I do like tofu cheesecake.

New Threads

Top Bottom