• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Buying a new cell phone (stress!)

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Cell phone shopping today, my previous phone is four or five year old, starting to not act as well anymore (metaphorically speaking)

Went from Google Pixel 3a to Pixel 8, my friend was telling me about a deal he got through the same company, the salesman told me something else...

Maybe I should have walked away, just to consider other options if nothing else, instead I listened to the sales pitch and (perhaps) fell for what he was telling me, and made the purchase/contract...

Now my friend is telling me I should go back to get what he got, mostly because he is very skilled in the art of "complaining" about things like that...

The savings he is describing amount to about $25 per month over two years, so probably worth pursuing, I just don't feel like doing it this close to Christmas, and feeling slightly stressed by the situation, I'd rather just be taking photos tomorrow afternoon! :rolleyes: I already spent two hours in the store today and wasted valuable photography time/time I could have spent doing anything else more useful... He is offering to go back to the store with me tomorrow, I will admit he is one of the best shoppers I know...

Or maybe with the value of smart phones these days, it shouldn't be an impulse buy, it didn't seem like that the last time I had to get a new phone a few years ago... Apparently the Pixel 8 is worth over $1K (Canadian)

Been doing a little digging around tonight, still stressed

It appears that overheating has become a big issue with many modern cellphones, with at least three of the major companies, it just freaks me out when I'm getting major overheating while charging up a battery... Some people think that with the power of newer phones, keeping them cool is rather challenging...

I have a relatively inexpensive Chinese Xiaomi Redmi phone. I've had it since 2021 when my old one unexpectedly died on me (RIP), and it hasn't let me down (yet).

I have a relatively inexpensive Chinese Xiaomi Redmi phone. I've had it since 2021 when my old one unexpectedly died on me (RIP), and it hasn't let me down (yet).

Are you trying to suggest I'm trying to go too big? :cool: I suppose maybe, I just want a high quality camera phone, for the times when I use the phone for photography (which is sometimes)

Are you trying to suggest I'm trying to go too big? :cool: I suppose maybe, I just want a high quality camera phone, for the times when I use the phone for photography (which is sometimes)
No it wasn't a suggestion, I was just contributing to the thread. Were you looking for suggestions? Of course, if you're into photography, you'll want a phone with a better camera than the one my phone has :)

I always buy flagship phones, and then regret my impulsivity later.

They do have tasty cameras though.

Ed

No it wasn't a suggestion, I was just contributing to the thread. Were you looking for suggestions? Of course, if you're into photography, you'll want a phone with a better camera than the one my phone has :)

I do think I'm guilty of rushing the purchase, not researching enough, which I think in the modern era of phones is necessary, moreso researching different phone plans...

I never pay more than $50 for a phone. Don't care what's "In" or popular.

I never pay more than $50 for a phone. Don't care what's "In" or popular.

I don't care that much either, despite what I may have said here, my plan as it stands isn't that expensive, Christmas specials of course... But I do want a good quality camera phone...

And it's a long story, my friend told me that he convinced the company into a much cheaper plan than mine just recently based on some advertising claims they are making... I just don't want to waste much more time on this one...

Anyway I'm off now for the day, maybe deal with more phone stuff this afternoon, maybe not...

It's a Google product. Just speak clearly into the microphone and ask them questions.

I'm certain they will hear you. And they'll never hang up on you. ;)

Last edited:
It's a Google product. Just speak clearly into the microphone and ask them questions.

I'm certain they will hear you. And they'll never hang up on you. ;)
Don't forget to say "hi" to the NSA guys monitoring. They have such a thankless job

I'm just going to enjoy my Christmas Eve, deal with the company next week... I might be able to get the contract for less, but ultimately right now I'm spending the same money as before for a better phone... And as I'm discovering overheating is common on newer phones...

One photo from the new phone taken yesterday...
PXL_20231223_214647907.jpg

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom