• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Beware of acid reducing chemical drugs

Another autie here with terrible gut issue. I use aloe and licorice tabs. If it's really bad, I have used activated charcoal tabs, too. I also space out meals a lot. Probiotics are mixed. Some make it worse, some better. I still have not figured that out.
Charcoal is a very common treatment for heartburn among preindustrial populations. All you need is a campfire to produce coals. Chalk is also used but charcoal is immediately available anywhere. Tums are flavored chalk.

At that is why Grandma always said to eat burnt toast for heartburn. That black is actually charcoal and the bread will also absorb acid.

"Activated charcoal" is just charcoal that has been ground up finely.

Last edited:
Charcoal is a very common treatment for heartburn among preindustrial populations. All you need is a campfire to produce coals. Chalk is also used but charcoal is immediately available anywhere. Tums are flavored chalk.

At that is why Grandma always said to eat burnt toast for heartburn. That black is actually charcoal and the bread will also absorb acid.

"Activated charcoal" is just charcoal that has been ground up finely.
My grandma did that. Charred toast and then scraped it into a tea cup and poured boiling water into the mug. I just take the caps because I hate toast and never buy bread!

New Threads

Top Bottom