• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Better late than never - Hi from Australia

Rectify

V.I.P Member
I joined last year sometime and now, quick as a flash, here I am introducing myself to you all. :p I hadn't been posting until today and, in all honesty, I'm here because I'm feeling despondent. A weekly group I attended this morning didn't go well. Getting along with people is hard and so I came home and logged in here to see if I could connect with you a little better/easier.

I was diagnosed with Aspergers over a year ago but I'm in my forties already. I've worn myself out over the years trying to fit in, be normal...you know, play the game. I actually did it really well for the longest time. I'm not sure that's such an achievement now :/

In the end I had some bad experiences and then my life just crumbled because I just didn't have the energy to keep up appearances.

Right now I am attempted to rebuild. Hard going sometimes.

Still, plenty to be grateful for. I am quite driven creatively and I get a lot of joy from that. I have raised children, somewhat successfully, and I have a lot of interests that I spend time on, of course. I'm never bored ;)

Welcome (back) to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Hi Rectify :)

welcome to af.png

Hey @Rectify! I just replied to your post on my intro thread, and now here you are. Welcome! I’m new here myself, was kind of looking for the same things (connecting with people similar to myself) and I think I’m already beginning to find that in the short time I’ve been here. I hope you find the same :)

BTW, where in Aus are you, @Rectify?

@RMX07 Yeah. I had a really crappy morning and it made me want to connect with people on here. I've been on here reading and replying for hours now! hehe

I'm on the Sunshine Coast (just north of Brisbane). I think I saw somewhere that you're on the west coast?

Hi Rectify,
Welcome. This is the best site for late blooming Aspies like us. There’s plenty of folks you can identify with, who can share real life with you.

Thank you for the welcomes

@tw3 good to know, thank you.. I don't know anyone face to face/offline who shares these kinds of experiences. I wish I did, actually.

@RMX07 Yeah. I had a really crappy morning and it made me want to connect with people on here. I've been on here reading and replying for hours now! hehe

I'm on the Sunshine Coast (just north of Brisbane). I think I saw somewhere that you're on the west coast?

Hah, yeah, I can relate. I’ve been hanging around here waaaay more than I should, lately. But it’s been helpful, and a comfort. I’m glad you’re finding the same.

Yep, I’m Perth born and bred. I’ve visited the Gold Coast once when I was a kid, but we didn’t really travel far north past Brisbane when I went, so it was mostly around Surfers Paradise and the theme parks, etc. The touristy places. The hinterlands are lovely, though. What’s it like to live there?

The hinterlands are lovely, though. What’s it like to live there?

I live in the hinterlands when you travel north instead of south (i.e. the Gold Coast) and it's beautiful. It's pretty warm here - probably the same where you are? It can be like a little country town in ways - good and bad. But it's quick to the coast. I'm really a home body though so the most important thing for me is my own home and the immediate surrounds. We have a nice yard with lots of wild creatures to watch.

Do you live near the beach? I would like to travel there by train one day.

I live in the hinterlands when you travel north instead of south (i.e. the Gold Coast) and it's beautiful. It's pretty warm here - probably the same where you are? It can be like a little country town in ways - good and bad. But it's quick to the coast. I'm really a home body though so the most important thing for me is my own home and the immediate surrounds. We have a nice yard with lots of wild creatures to watch.

Do you live near the beach? I would like to travel there by train one day.

Oh, nice. Sounds like a perfect place to live, except for the warmth perhaps (I’m assuming it gets pretty humid?). But yeah, it’s the same here, and I struggle with it in the summer and live under the air conditioning. I’m not near the beach, sadly, and don’t go to the beach nearly as much as I’d like to. I live in good old suburbia, about 30 mins from the city. The convenience suits me since I don’t drive, and I’m very much a homebody, too.

That would be one epic train ride on the Indian Pacific! My partner loves trains, so I’m pretty sure that one’s on our bucket list. :D

It looks amazing and the other train journey that would be good @RMX07 is the one up the centre to Darwin but I think you could also visit Uluru if you arrange it. That train is called The Ghan.

It is humid here but we are far enough south that we get a break from the humidity. In Northern Qld my understanding is it's humid most - or all - of the year.

You know, sometimes when you live by the beach you don't use it as much as you think you will. Also, convenience is good stuff :D

New Threads

Top Bottom