• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bepeeping appliances and other unnecessarily loud things.

Voltaic

Plaidhiker@youtube
does my microwave really need a beeper for everytime i push the button? does it need to constantly remind me over and over that my food is ready? i heard it the first time. do mobile apps really need those flashing colours and loud noises? do the people on the bus have to have them turned all the way up when playing the apps? Do pedestrian lights really need to beep when it is time to go? who is it helping anyways? (joke)

so much stuff makes noise these days, when really (to me) it shouldnt. appliances, kids toys, viechles, people, the list goes on.

I get that some stuff has to make noise, but it doesnt annoy me any less. this world is a noisy place. there is no escape...

what things just annoy the hell out of you because of the noise it makes and the reason it makes it? my microwave is on the too of the list right now.

Last edited:
my partners alarm clock... he has it on this awful space sound that is super high pitched and he SLEEPS THROUGH IT! what?!?!? I am not a morning person... lol

also all noises pretty much annoy me unless it's white noise. I learned to just deal with it... I hate toys that make loud noises. Flashing lights are also horrible.

does my microwave really need a beeper for everytime i push the button? does it need to constantly remind me over and over that my food is ready? i heard it the first time. do mobile apps really need those flashing colours and loud noises? do the people on the bus have to have them turned all the way up when playing the apps? Do pedestrian lights really need to beep when it is time to go? who is it helping anyways? (joke)

so much stuff makes noise these days, when really (to me) it shouldnt. appliances, kids toys, viechles, people, the list goes on.

I get that some stuff has to make noise, but it doesnt annoy me any less. this world is a noisy place. there is no escape...

what things just annoy the hell out of you because of the noise it makes and the reason it makes it? my microwave is on the too of the list right now.
House alarms people that can't operate them, car alarms people that can't operate them,people under the age of 30 who appear to be deaf so therefore have to break the sound barrier when listening to music.
what I legally have to call children who appear to have no volume control .
spoiled brats, people who consume copious amounts of alcohol and presume everybody in the vicinity want to listen to the music that they impose on us .
what I legally have to call humans in vehicles who appear to be deaf when inside the vehicle and impose their desired !!!!!!! volume to compensate for the deafness .
Women in groups who laugh in an ear shattering way.
Music played in December which has nothing to do with the birth of Jesus but apparently again you have to be clinically deaf to need to listen to it .

I hate it when my washing machine has stopped, because it makes a beeping sound and I could scream!

I hate it when the front door has not closed properly and makes this obnoxious gentle slamming sound with drives me up the wall!

I cannot stand one of our dog's bark, sadly. He is so insistant that it is like a hammer drill going through my brain!

Flashing adverts make me cringe.

Low flying planes drive me crazy; because it is so quiet, but insistant and I could scream and worse, hubby can't hear it!

Oh and my husband's alarm clock has been a contention for me for years. It is so old too and he refused to get rid of it and I hate the blasted thing.

All the beeping and flashing really gets to me too. I almost have a phobia of the train ticket dispenser. When the ticket is printing off it makes this super loud beeping and I grab the ticket as fast as I can, then walk away in a panic. I feel your pain.

Last time I got a new phone, I was all excited and started it up. I quickly found that every tap I made came with it a beeping sound that could wake a hibernating bear. I was like "oh, hell no" and beeped my way over to the settings and turned that off.

I mean, who would want that and why? A text message with, say, 150 characters would mean 150 beeps. Autism or not, how would that not give you a migraine?

About two years ago i was trying to sleep and i could hear a very distant and faint beep. I was up all night because all i could hear was this beeping. I was wandering around my house at 5 in the morning, rummaging through drawers and turning my house upside down trying to find the source, thinking it could be an old smoke alarm or something. I even went into my attic but couldn't find it anywhere. It drove me to the point of insanity. I started to think it was in my head. That the beeping was happening in my mind. Eventually after a sleepless night, i went outside to go to work only to find the beeping got louder. I found out that it was coming from my neighbours house who were away travelling at the time and had there house broken into that night. Beeping annoys me.

if you ever need to hear anybody rant !Watch the BBCs room 101!
just about everything has been covered in it

About two years ago i was trying to sleep and i could hear a very distant and faint beep. I was up all night because all i could hear was this beeping. I was wandering around my house at 5 in the morning, rummaging through drawers and turning my house upside down trying to find the source, thinking it could be an old smoke alarm or something. I even went into my attic but couldn't find it anywhere. It drove me to the point of insanity. I started to think it was in my head. That the beeping was happening in my mind. Eventually after a sleepless night, i went outside to go to work only to find the beeping got louder. I found out that it was coming from my neighbours house who were away travelling at the time and had there house broken into that night. Beeping annoys me.

Several years ago I was lying in bed and I could hear this low frequency noise, almost like a humming. I was walking around the house trying to find it. Then it would stop. I would start drifting off to sleep, then I'd hear it again. I'd get up, then it would stop. Then I walked outside and had a look around. I found one of these fellows sitting on the aerial, right outside our bedroom. It no longer bothers me now I know what it

Noises that really annoy me
- those dyson hand-driers that they put in every public toilet. WTH?
- hooning and streetracing, and bloody diesel 4wds who insist on revving out the engine only to drop gears at the next corner , and revving the engine again.
- Teenage girls. Why do they insist on screaming?
-supermarkets and pharmacies that have 3 different infomercials playing at once.

Little girls. Our daughters both screamed when they were little, for no reason. They would do it when they were playing. It always startled me because I thought there was something wrong or they were hurt. The boys did not do that. I never got used to it. It still startles me when the granddaughters scream.

does my microwave really need a beeper for everytime i push the button? does it need to constantly remind me over and over that my food is ready?

Yes. As a products liability and consumer safety concern. To prompt you over and over and over in an attempt to limit their liability in the event whatever you're cooking in the microwave burns.

The more obnoxious and loud the sound, the better from their perspective. Whatever it takes for you to promptly remove or check on whatever it is you are burning. Er uh....cooking.

Sadly most any fireman can tell you the connection between house fires and heat-generating kitchen appliances. Worse for devices where you inevitably leave them without checking on them periodically. Knew someone who lost everything they had in a fire because of their unattended Keurig coffee device.

Last edited:
I don’t own a microwave :D (because I prefer to cook on a stove, but also because I can’t stand the noise) and I have the ringer of my Smartphone permanently off (I can’t stand it, drives me mad).

The solution, for me, is to put on music that covers the noise... ALWAYS, be it in headphones or not (for example, at home, with my kids, or in the car).

And, OBVIOUSLY, all notifications are off in my Smartphone, beginning with Whatsapp.

And about lights: I am the cool mom wearing sunglasses inside the supermarket:p.

Last edited:
I don’t own a microwave :D (because I prefer to cook on a stove, but also because I can’t stand the noise) and I have the ringer of my Smartphone permanently off (I can’t stand it, drives me mad).

The solution, for me, is to put on music that covers the noise... ALWAYS, be it in headphones or not (for example, at home, with my kids, or in the car).

And, OBVIOUSLY, all notifications are off in my Smartphone, beginning with Whatsapp.

And about lights: I am the cool mom wearing sunglasses inside the supermarket:p.
Sounds just like me lol

Little girls. Our daughters both screamed when they were little, for no reason. They would do it when they were playing. It always startled me because I thought there was something wrong or they were hurt. The boys did not do that. I never got used to it. It still startles me when the granddaughters scream.
what I legally have to call boys make extremely irritating noises why human males have to sound aggressive from the minute they are born I will never know

The scanner at the supermarket till.
Smoke alarms.
School bells.
Reversing vehicle beeps.
Yapping dogs.
Mobile phone message alerts that sound like a bird tweet. Very obnoxious.
A device my neighbour has in the garden to ward off mice and other pests. It doesn't even work.
Small kids screaming.
Screeching car brakes.
Yapping dogs.

New Threads

Top Bottom