• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bepeeping appliances and other unnecessarily loud things.

At a lot of newer gas stations in my area, a little mini infomercial starts playing when you pump your gas. They're LOUD and they make me irrationally angry. Most of the time, there's a mute button, but if other pumps are in use, you can totally hear the other infomercials playing. I get very stressed out at being subjected to deliberate audio of someone else's choosing. It's such an invasion of my personal space

They put those in here within the last 5 years or so. I remember the very first one, was a commercial about some dairy product, where right off the bat it said MOOOOOOOO!!!. Didn't know where it was coming from. I'm not PC, and I'm thin and think bigger girls are hot, but I even figured it could be taken wrong by an overweight person and didn't like it.

Worst sound for me is a dog bark. One of the reasons I got out of the HOA, one would bark and the whole neighborhood would start in. The guy next to me has a barking dog as his ringtone and I'm about ready to roll over it with my chair.

2nd worst one was when my mom used to pulse the blender. I'd rather she just run it once and good and be done.

We don't have car alarms and things go off around here. I don't know anybody with a house alarm.

Most beeps are soft and I don't mind them. Though given the choice, I'll turn off the beeps on my phone and anything else I can.

New Threads

Top Bottom