• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Being categorized as “stuck up”

Me too, I hope it comes back into fashion like beards, big, eighties hair-dos and knitting.

:D
Little Johnny could recite Shakespeare in Latin whilst still in the amniotic sac and all mine seem to be doing was being fascinated by their own poo and putting earth in their mouths so they could check if it crunched.
Far better immune system than little Johnny if nothing else :)

Little Johnny's zygotic sonatas won the nobel peace prize. So good they stopped war.
How's yours doing?

Little Johnny's zygotic sonatas won the nobel peace prize. So good they stopped war.
How's yours doing?

Great thanks :)
They didn't stay intrigued by bodily functions for very long on the introduction of clay during 'messy play' :)
They are all contributing and productive members of society now they're adults (and very rarely ill)

We could pick some nits and ticks out of that big eighties hair-do @Sportster posted up, what say you Mr Fridge?

Although I have to wonder if there will be vast amounts of money spent on studies and research to suggest that if one doesn't pick out nits and ticks in a certain way and off certain people then all will be categorised and labelled and medicated accordingly. :)

Omg, was there a genuine answer in there?
:) if so thats good!

Everyone is now medicated after i invented 'cannibair' on the other thread.
Like flouride to water its been added to the air.
So everyone is permanently high.
Even the ticks.

(How close wa your hair to that historically?)

I was walking with my dog tonight, as we walked near a baseball field filled with kids I remembered something about my youth.

Many of my peers told me I was “stuck up”, I never understood what they meant though now I recognize that I was not interacting with others in the same way they interacted with others.

I remember I wanted friends, but I just never had them.

I’m sure everyone has many realizations as we better understand AS.

I was accused of being stuck-up even into my 30's. I always denied it and found it weird that so many made this comment about me - even at my work place!

Now that I understand I'm AS, it makes sense. Being stuck-up means to shun everyone else, as if you were better than them, right? Well, I think reality is that I did shun everyone - but that was out of fear of being bullied, not b/c I felt like I was better than them.

BTW, I still shun everyone - b/c I still fear people. I guess now that I'm older, though, I come off as less "stuck-up" and probably more like a loner.

Good thread. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom