• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Basic C programming book to get on Amazon?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Above.

I'm just looking on Amazon for a C programming book aimed at beginners with a view to game programming.

I'm currently trying to teach myself Python using Codenvy which also has options to program in other languages including C.

Because it's online it works from my Chromebook PC, unlike conventional programming packages.

Just ordered this on Amazon, only a fiver, should be here by Friday.

Last edited:
That book was published in 1994, I know it’s cheap but are you sure the information is relevant and current?

Have you tried Udemy, they have loads of free programming courses which you might find helpful?

Above.

I'm just looking on Amazon for a C programming book aimed at beginners with a view to game programming.

I'm currently trying to teach myself Python using Codenvy which also has options to program in other languages including C.

Because it's online it works from my Chromebook PC, unlike conventional programming packages.

I just had a look for you, they have 2 free courses teaching the basics of C which might come in useful. They also have 17 Python courses for free so I’m sure you can find something useful to work through there for free.

I’ve bought at least 50 different courses on that website normally all for just $9.99 & some for free.

I just had a look for you, they have 2 free courses teaching the basics of C which might come in useful. They also have 17 Python courses for free so I’m sure you can find something useful to work through there for free.

Focus on one programming language first. If you try to learn both languages at once it’s going to get overwhelming

Above.

Yeah someone on here sent me a free eBook on Python game programming the other week.

I'll have a look on Google tomorrow, righto, I'm off back to Bed, just got up to check my Mail.

I ordered a C programming book for beginners on Amazon yesterday, using my Prime account so it might even be on the Mat when I get back later.

Last edited:
Last I remember C++ started 1998 and learning C and later C++ is the wrong direction to go. Just learn C++. My coding days ended 15 years ago.... Good luck!

Never saw that book before. I used Practical C Programming by Steve Oualline in tandem with K&R C. Highly recommend both.

Good choice! I started learning C/C++ in the mid-nineties with similar books. But my dad's computer was an old 68k Macintosh. Learning from a book like the one you bought is way more interesting than trying to learn from a sterile College textbook, in my opinion. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom