• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bana_Boona

Anyone here as obsessed with Avatar the Last Airbender as I am??
Who's your favorite character?
What's your favorite thing about the show?
Which element would you bend?

Yep. I used to watch it back around 2006-2007 when it came out but since it got released in Netflix I got very into it.

I think I have seen the 3 books like 3 or 4 times in this month XD. I want to buy the comics and novels that expand the story too.

My favorite character? I'm between Aang and uncle Iroh, I guess I'm more inclined to Iroh because of his experiences and wisdom. Also Toph, she's a badass earth master.!

The narrative and plot is my favorite thing; the "mystic" oriental themes about meditation and energy in oneself (many cultures have had that spiritual side for centuries).

Which element would I like to bend? Fire, maybe wind (I would like to fly like Aang), or earth and metal bending.

PD. I'm watching the series right now again. Book 1; episode 10.

Anyone here as obsessed with Avatar the Last Airbender as I am??

I don't know. How obsessed are you? :p

I watched it and really liked it. But I only watched it once.

Who's your favorite character?

All the characters had such great development throughout the series that it's hard to pick just one. I really liked Iroh, because they first show you a kindly old man, then you slowly get to see why he is like he is, and at the end, he shows you what he's capable of.

What's your favorite thing about the show?

The character development was well done across the board. All the main characters learned and grew. At the same time, they all made mistakes and had to atone for them, so no one was perfect. Throughout everything, Aang retained a boyish love of life and a desire to be kind, even to his enemies.

Which element would you bend?

I don't want to list any abilities that would be spoilers, but I'd probably go with water - it seems the most versatile.

I watched Avatar this last summer with my son (he watched it and insisted I did, so it became a little daily together-time activity for us). I also watched Korra, but it wasn't as engrossing as Avatar. I think that if Korra wasn't a sequel to Avatar (and so wasn't compared to Avatar), it would have stood on its own as a great series. I did grin like an idiot every time an Avatar character made an appearance in Korra.

I don't know. How obsessed are you? :p

I watched it and really liked it. But I only watched it once.

All the characters had such great development throughout the series that it's hard to pick just one. I really liked Iroh, because they first show you a kindly old man, then you slowly get to see why he is like he is, and at the end, he shows you what he's capable of.

The character development was well done across the board. All the main characters learned and grew. At the same time, they all made mistakes and had to atone for them, so no one was perfect. Throughout everything, Aang retained a boyish love of life and a desire to be kind, even to his enemies.

I don't want to list any abilities that would be spoilers, but I'd probably go with water - it seems the most versatile.

I watched Avatar this last summer with my son (he watched it and insisted I did, so it became a little daily together-time activity for us). I also watched Korra, but it wasn't as engrossing as Avatar. I think that if Korra wasn't a sequel to Avatar (and so wasn't compared to Avatar), it would have stood on its own as a great series. I did grin like an idiot every time an Avatar character made an appearance in Korra.

Well, I don't wanna brag or anything, but I've been a fan of the show for at least 15 years now! Haha. I know so many trivia facts about it, like how Bosco the bear was named after Zuko's voice actor.
I would be Air! I would love the ability to float around, run up walls, and take a less violent approach to fighting (although air bending *can* be deadly).
As for my favorite character, I'm caught between Aang or Zuko. I love Zuko's character growth, and Aang's seemingly endless supply of love and positivity. ❤️
To this day I have to watch it at least once a year!

Yes, I love ATLA! I've rewatched it recently and it still amazes me how well it expresses spiritual teachings and life lessons while still being appropriate for children and extremely hilarious. I honestly can't pick a favourite character as it depends on the phase in life I'm in. First watch, Katara and Iroh were my absolute favourite characters. I always thought Zuko had autism traits and loved his relationship with Iroh (plus he was one of my first crushes when I was young), and Toph was one of the characters that I tried to emulate a lot when I was young. I can not choose, I love them all! So yes, I am obsessed, hahaha.

I tend to be pretty direct in approaching problems, so I think I would be an earth bender.

Yes, I love ATLA! I've rewatched it recently and it still amazes me how well it expresses spiritual teachings and life lessons while still being appropriate for children and extremely hilarious. I honestly can't pick a favourite character as it depends on the phase in life I'm in. First watch, Katara and Iroh were my absolute favourite characters. I always thought Zuko had autism traits and loved his relationship with Iroh (plus he was one of my first crushes when I was young), and Toph was one of the characters that I tried to emulate a lot when I was young. I can not choose, I love them all! So yes, I am obsessed, hahaha.

I tend to be pretty direct in approaching problems, so I think I would be an earth bender.
That's wonderful
I've heard a few others online say the same thing about Zuko. On one hand, I can't really see what they mean, but when I think about it, he does have pretty black and white thinking (about capturing Aang being the only way to regain his honor), and he occasionally shows some social awkwardness. What are some things you notice?

I'm about Avatar'd out after seeing it three (four?) times, but it is a really good show.

I saw the first five minutes of this American live-action Fist of the North Star movie. It looked awful (they had a real martial artist as Kenshiro, but he's a mountain of meat in the manga and this guy weighed 175), but I looked up the cast, and Ken's kid sidekick was FREAKING ZUKO

So I looked up the rest of his stuff, and my God it's hilarious. That Michael Jackson movie from the 80's, a comedy where a Chinese exchange student gets "sent to the wrong 'hood'" (quoting Wikipedia there), a horror anthology hosted by Flavor Flav in 2008... IMDB won't even tell me what "Naked Brown Men" was, except apparently Dante plays himself and gets some on-screen action while his brother watches... in a racial justice movie!

I'll give you an Informative if you can tell me what this one (Cold Dog Soup) means:

Randy Quaid plays a Zen taxi driver whose passenger is trying to dispose of his date's dead dog Jasper. The driver is respected by the peculiar groups he interests in the dog's corpse and effects, and the one-gloved heroine becomes more interested in him than in her date.

Last edited:
ATLA is awesome! My favorite characters are Zuko and Iroh, but I think Mai is rather underrated/unfairly hated too. Embarrassing confession: I thought the show was based off the abomination of a movie at first, and not the other way around. My friend made me watch it, though, and obviously I really enjoyed it. :)

Zuko and Iroh are literally me and my best friend! We re-watched all of ATLA during the first year of the pandemic and it was even better now that I'm older. Iroh's song (you know the one) brought me to tears. I'll never forget that.

I would love to be an earthbender! That seems like the most powerful and practical ability to have. The rest seem kind of scary to me lol

New Threads

Top Bottom