• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Automotive Artificial Intelligence Concerns

our-d-c-office-building-got-a-security-robot-it-drowned-30842380.png

I tend to think that it's not a very good idea to trust AI right now.

If I worked in Washington DC, I'd want to drown myself too. Especially if I was a robot that realized that the fate of the world was in the hands of a bunch of doddering old geezers who don't know where they are half the time.

View attachment 60604

I tend to think that it's not a very good idea to trust AI right now.

From Futurama (Pilot, 1999),
[after escaping a suicide booth, Fry and Bender are in a bar, Bender is telling Fry about his life]

Bender: I'm a bender. I bend girders, that's all I'm programmed to do.

Fry: Were you any good?

Bender: Are you kidding? I was a star. I could bend a girder to any angle. 30 degrees, 32 degrees, you name it. 31... But I couldn't go on living once I found out what the girders were for.

Fry: What for?

Bender: Suicide booths.

I remember the first ad I saw (years ago now) about a Ford that self-parked without the driver, I had a bad feeling about it

Just saying... You'll never get me inside a self driving car!

Feels weird being part of the last generation to drive internal combustion engine cars or even one's that we drive ourselves.

I guess it should make being a pensioner easier. A driverless car sure beats a mobility scooter

HeartfeltBlaringHairstreak-size_restricted.gif

Ed

New Threads

Top Bottom