• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic With Telekinetic Gifts

Robby

I was recently diagnosed as mildly autistic, with a learning disability in math. I always knew I was a bit "different", I've always noticed things that other people don't. I am a highly intuitive person, and an empath. I pick up on other peoples' energy & feelings all the time. I attach meanings to objects. But ever since I was little, I've known I have a gift for extra sensory perception & predicting things. Like I'll think of something, & then a day or two later, it or something very similar will happen. I also can read people extremely well, just by feeling their energy & reading their expressions, sometimes even reading people's thoughts. I also can see events in the past very clearly, not my life, but other people's pasts, friends, relatives, etc..I think this is called being post-cognative. On a few occasions I have predicted things that have then happened, but my main gift seems to be being highly empathic. I have gone on ghost hunts & gotten very bad feelings from certain places we've gone, & other places felt nothing.

I have a lot of limitations & I sometimes can't put into words what I am thinking. But as I've gotten older I realize that I have gifts. I notice lights blinking, doors opening & closing by themselves, & seeing lights. And a couple of times I have actually seen spirits. I guess that is part of my "gifts". My mom has encouraged it & told me I shouldn't be afraid of it, but embrace it. I wonder if anyone else on here has similar gifts & are autistic? My friend told me I should just embrace it. Being an empath is definitely an advantage, sometimes it can be a bit like sensory overload, but as I get older I can't imagine not having it! I think I was born with my gifts because my mom has them too, although lesser, but I wonder too if it's a side effect of me having autism.

Telekinetic means to be able to move material objects using mental energy.
You didn't mention any incidents of that.
Maybe you meant to title the thread 'Telepathic'?
Or do you move material objects without touching them?

I understand what some refer to as "gifts" . I do not refer to them as such......I have seen many, many sprites. helped people "cross over" , given people messages about past events that I was not there to see. I have predicted events, seen death scenes, little phases me any more. I have seen and witnessed so much that I no longer care what others think about me when I share these things.I for some reason have a lot of energy, watches fail , computers, phones, both my motorcycles and truck have needed wiring. the cats balls ( his play toys, he is neutered :) )will roll when I get upset, doors will swing back and forth..I have no explanation except to say those on the spectrum may be prone to a more sensitive sensory input..

A mild search of the net will verify that many on the spectrum are connected to things that can not be explained..

Last edited:
Reliable gut feelings runs in the women in my family. If my grandmother suddenly starts smelling funerary flowers, somebody we know is bound to die within a few days. She, my mother, and I all are prone to random bad feelings which usually end up corresponding to a bad event that happened at the same time or would soon happen. I get the oddity of glimpses into the future in my dreams. Nothing really profound or major (or even that frequent), just some really freaky instances of deja vu because I'll recognize the scene or conversation.

Apologies, I meant to say telepathic, I get words mixed up sometimes but yea you're right telekenisis is moving objects and as far as I know I don't have that direct ability, although it has happened before around me. I do definitely have telepathic abilities especially empathic. Sometimes I have noticed things moving out of nowhere but I wasn't trying to move them or anything so yeah I don't think I have overt telekinetic abilities. I have a friend who is a touchnell which means he can tell about a particular object's recent history or who handled it or whatever. My main abilties seem to be highly empathic, being able to predict & read people's emotions, feelings, if not their exact thoughts.

I have major deja vu that happens all the time, about 2-6 times a week give or take. I'll randomly think of something, & feel I have seen or heard it before, or seen someone before, & then a short time later, an hour, a day, or a week, something related to that exact thing or person will happen. I can't explain but I've noticed it since I was little.

As I have grown up, I've gotten way more comfortable with my gifts. One thing or power that I also have and not sure what to call it, is that if someone hurts me or conversely if they are really nice to me, and I think good or bad thoughts about the person, strangely, bad or good things seem to happen to them. Not long back, someone who I am no longer friends with had hurt my feelings. I got really and thought really bad thoughts about him, basically just wishing he would have a bad day. And a day later, he posted on facebook that he was having a terrible day, everything was going wrong for him. And the same thing can happen on the good side of things.

I don't know what that power is called, it used to scare me, but now, I try to just use it for good and not for bad. I've learned to respect my gifts. I take them as a side effect of the autism for sure.

Apologies, I meant to say telepathic, I get words mixed up sometimes but yea you're right telekenisis is moving objects and as far as I know I don't have that direct ability, although it has happened before around me. I do definitely have telepathic abilities especially empathic. Sometimes I have noticed things moving out of nowhere but I wasn't trying to move them or anything so yeah I don't think I have overt telekinetic abilities. I have a friend who is a touchnell which means he can tell about a particular object's recent history or who handled it or whatever. My main abilties seem to be highly empathic, being able to predict & read people's emotions, feelings, if not their exact thoughts.

I have major deja vu that happens all the time, about 2-6 times a week give or take. I'll randomly think of something, & feel I have seen or heard it before, or seen someone before, & then a short time later, an hour, a day, or a week, something related to that exact thing or person will happen. I can't explain but I've noticed it since I was little.

As I have grown up, I've gotten way more comfortable with my gifts. One thing or power that I also have and not sure what to call it, is that if someone hurts me or conversely if they are really nice to me, and I think good or bad thoughts about the person, strangely, bad or good things seem to happen to them. Not long back, someone who I am no longer friends with had hurt my feelings. I got really and thought really bad thoughts about him, basically just wishing he would have a bad day. And a day later, he posted on facebook that he was having a terrible day, everything was going wrong for him. And the same thing can happen on the good side of things.

I don't know what that power is called, it used to scare me, but now, I try to just use it for good and not for bad. I've learned to respect my gifts. I take them as a side effect of the autism for sure.

Do you ever hear things in dreams?
Like, do people ever convey information to you about themselves/their situation/their emotional state,
while you are sleeping?

I have very vivid dreams. I see things play out, but usually my my empathic abilities work while I am awake, either just from being out in public to the store, which can be exhausting somethings, because I can get so much coming at me where there are lots of people. It works best when I am with a small group or one or two other people because I can focus on the feelings I pick up easier that way. I just get these strong vibes that people give off & I pick up on them and can even internalize them myself. So usually it's not through dreams, it's just like this energy or electricity whatever you want to call it, some people tend to give off more than others for some reason. And those people I pick up on. A lot of times it can be good, because it can tell me who to avoid, or who might be safe to interact with based on what energy they are putting out, and its all totally nonverbal. Its like in the air or something, it's hard to explain.

I think all people on the spectrum have some level of psychic ability - regardless of whether they accept it or just put it down to coincidence.
For me, I've also had deja vu experiences - although they're mostly 'mundane' things like putting a folder away. Occasionally, it's something a bit more substantial like hearing a particular conversation with certain people.
I've also had experiences with spirits, orbs of light and shadow people, as well as unique visions of certain 'Ascended Masters' when I've been meditating. My most unique experience - however - was a levitation experience I had when I was five years old.

Robby; based on your stories, I think you may indeed have telekinetic power. Some people do have it, but don't have direct power over how it works. As such, a Poltergeist may be blamed instead for the activity.
As for the thinking about someone having a good or bad day and it coming to pass, that sounds a lot like 'Mental/Remote Influence'. It's an advanced form of Telepathy in which the sender (the person with the ability) sends a message to someone (the receiver). The Receiver then thinks that the thought you have sent them (which they don't know you have sent them) is their own.
With that ability, you could do a heck of a lot. Have a read of this: The Paranormal Dimension: Mental Influence
(of course, remember to use it responsibly).

I'm highly empathic too (and on the spectrum somewhere). I have learned to be careful not to ask myself 'I wonder why...' about people because the answer will unravel in a matter of minutes and often I don't really want to know how they are feeling or what their issues are.

I believe in reincarnation myself and get a lot of information about the connection to people's past lives and their issues if I'm asked to help. I do my best to stay away if I am not asked. I work with energy in many ways, including healing, have communicated with dead people on occasion but don't see spirits as a rule. I have premonitions but the timeline often messes up my impressions. I work a lot with multiple realities and multiple dimensions. At times I hear information too.

I can't recall any of these skills from when I was a child. I only remember being terrified of ghosts while not believing they existed. I only really opened up to psychic and clairvoyance skills about 9 year ago when I chose to take a reiki healing class rather than have another depression. It did indeed turn out to be a lot more fun :)

dead are not scary.jpg

Heh, and I forget my ability to jinx things! I seem to innately know the exact opposite of what is gonna happen. When our kid was an infant, my husband banned me from every commenting on how peacefully I assumed the baby to be sleeping because even if he was in another room he would wake up suddenly and start crying. But on the bright side, I got my husband a LOT of extra hours at work when we were dating because he never got off when he thought he would if I asked. :p

I've been told on occasion that I am a "sensitive". I do have an ability to sense certain "energies" pertaining to certain physical spaces. And yes, I have had a few profound unsolicited paranormal experiences in broad daylight and eventually pursued them further in other paranormal investigations.

My greatest experience in denial came in denying such possibilities for over 19 years. Now I use skepticism, but only as a tool in debunking that which can be empirically and logically explained.

However I've never thought of such things as being an aspect of autism in particular. Though I have read articles which pondered that possibility. That in some ways our perception may be enhanced in this respect. I'm just not sure...

Last edited:
This guy sees deeply into the spirit realm, and wrote a book about the things he sees and how it affects people:

The Veil: Blake K Healy: 9780615697826: Amazon.com: Books

I loaned my copy to a guy at church, and the guy says he marked it up and cried over it so much that he won't be able to give it back to me. (I told him that was fine...glad it was so useful to him. :) ) Anyway, even though I don't "see" much, I'm such a visual person that the author's descriptions of what he sees is useful in helping me understand what I sense in other ways.

I have deja vu a lot but I put it down to my brain cells misfiring :tearsofjoy:
I have had several incidents where I have had major emotional reactions with extreme "hunches" which later turned out to be correct, such as unexpected death of a loved one. Ive never seen spirits....apart from that time I woke up as a child and aliens were coming through the window, but perhaps I shouldnt have watched that video the night before :coldsweat:

There was an "occupant" in my childhood home who occupied the staircase and I once saw a cloud in the corner of my bedroom. Ive seen a young girl sitting in a field, who clearly wasnt there but was also very.... there.

I feel some "auras" very strongly. Cant see them though. Seeing sound is quite enough for me!!

I definitely agree that a lot of times the living can be more dangerous than the dead. For me personally, I believe in a supreme being, God, I think everyone has souls & energy that at times can not cross over for whatever reasons & be in limbo or even come back into the living's plane of existence. I think some of us, clairvoyants, gifted, whatever you want to call it, can see or sense those manifestations. I feel I am one of these people. Many of my family members have had this same ability. My mom told me about an aunt who saw things & my grandpa heard things & saw objects move by themselves. I think some places can have their own energies too, that we clairvoyants can pick up. Not sure if any of this relates to being autistic, but I definitely feel that my lack of feeling comfortable in the everyday world lets me feel & sense & see many things that other people don't. It's definitely not imagining or hallucinating either. Those are totally different, actual psychiatric problems. I simply sense & see things. Plain & simple. I embrace it now. I like to think I can see in technicolor where most only see shades if dull gray. I just am way more in tune with my surroundings & the people I encounter. Peoples' energies I can sense strongly, & lets me know who I might want to get to know better if they have positive energy, or stay away from, if they give off negative energy. Most all of this is totally nonverbal too, it's just like another sense like smell or taste.

I have never noticed any ability in myself to move objects but I definitely can feel & sense things & have seen things. I've seen apparitions. As a child, I saw an apparition of what I think was a child in the window of an abandoned house that I had just been exploring. And recently as an adult, I've seen quite clearly, the apparition of an older skinny man in old 19th century clothes, and a fainter less clear image of a woman in a huge hoop skirt both on different occasions. I didn't feel scared, & I don't think they were even aware of me. I think many apparitions that appear are simply on a different plane of existence, & if they are in their own limbo, may not even be aware of clairvoyants who see them. I've never had an apparition speak to me, for instance. But I definitely am learning to embrace & hone my gifts more and more as I get older. I feel I have a strong gift that I hope can do some good.

I understand what some refer to as "gifts" . I do not refer to them as such......I have seen many, many sprites. helped people "cross over" , given people messages about past events that I was not there to see. I have predicted events, seen death scenes, little phases me any more. I have seen and witnessed so much that I no longer care what others think about me when I share these things.I for some reason have a lot of energy, watches fail , computers, phones, both my motorcycles and truck have needed wiring. the cats balls ( his play toys, he is neutered :) )will roll when I get upset, doors will swing back and forth..I have no explanation except to say those on the spectrum may be prone to a more sensitive sensory input..

A mild search of the net will verify that many on the spectrum are connected to things that can not be explained..

I have the bioelectrical issues you have. Apparently up to 10 percent of the population do. They call them Sliders, something to do with being able to turn street lights on and off by merely walking under them.

I have the bioelectrical issues you have. Apparently up to 10 percent of the population do. They call them Sliders, something to do with being able to turn street lights on and off by merely walking under them.
I have done that, the light at the end of the street before it turns into a private drive for 5 homes , the trash and mail boxes are there, I turn that light off when I walk near it , this also happens when i'm riding my pedal bike at night sometimes, I'm just realizing this recently

A few weeks ago I walked under a light with my neighbor and it went off immediately. Once at dusk I was talking with some strangers about an icky cult and something in the power lines exploded and gave off sparks! I'm not sure these were my fault because I usually have to be really upset for such things to occur. Oh, and I can call the wind whenever I want!

I have not been able to call the wind, but I have stirred up a few dust devils when I was angry outside

New Threads

Top Bottom