• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic Pride

Ledger4479

Hey, guys! Autistic Pride Day is coming up (June 18). So, I'd like to hear from the community. What does autistic pride me to you?

To me, a part of autistic pride is stimming happily, openly, and unapologetically. It's something that I really struggle with though because it is highly discouraged, but I try to not worry about it the discouragements.

To me, autistic pride is unapologetically being who I am. Not caring about what neurotypical's say or think about me and slowly accepting that I will never be like them. Refusing to continue to act like something I'm not just to avoid question. Autistic pride is about being proud of who I am and accepting it as an integral part of myself. I wouldn't want to be anything else. :)

I'm all for and think we need an AP day. But we have to be careful about the kind of message we are sending out. We need to make sure that we aren't being perceived by the public as someone who is wanting an excuse(Or a license for that matter.) to engage in bad or inappropriate behavior.

New Threads

Top Bottom