• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic Convention today

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
So you are in charge of planning a huge get-together of 10000 Spectrum Flyers.

What do you think are requirements: lighting, bathrooms, security, outdoors or indoors? What kind of entertainment? Should we pass out headphones for hearing challenged peeps?

Let me throw this out, there are food venues so l think there should be a choice for individualized compartments so food doesn't touch each other for our sensitive friends. Should there be a bar?

What do you think?

The doctor who diagnosed me with autism asked if I’d be interested in forming a book club for autistic women. I said, “A book club for autistic women? What would that be like? A room full of empty chairs?” Ha! I’d say the same about your convention perhaps!

But there should definitely be a bar there. Liquid confidence and all that, otherwise we’d all rush for the emergency exits within 15 minutes. There would be a stampede. People would die.

Last edited:
The doctor who diagnosed me with autism asked if I’d be interested in forming a book club for autistic women. I said, “A book club for autistic women? What would that be like? A room full of empty chairs?” Ha! I’d say the same about your convention perhaps!

But there should definitely be a bar there. Liquid confidence and all that, otherwise we’d all rush for the emergency exits within 15 minutes. There would be a stampede. People would die.

Just wondering if we would feel more empowered. But they could have those isolation tanks as a backup plan.

If they brought in great acts, photo booths for Frostee, l might be interested. The question is, how many NT's would try to crash it?

What's a "Spectrum Flyer?" Are these all autistic pilots? :eek:

It's like we being on the spectrum belong to a VIP club, so l decided to make up a cute label, so l thought spectrum flyer was kinda cool. Sometimes the labels are too negative and restraining. There is more thought behind that label, but that's the short reason why.

Last time I was on a plane in 2018, managed to pick up the H1N2 flu virus. Did see many things before my spouse and I became sick. The rest is the blur of pneumonia, losing forty pounds and doctors and nurses, dragging myself around for three months, and eating only oatmeal or soup. I won't be traveling by plane any time soon, if ever again.

Sorry to put the kibosh on your idea Aspchatya, it would be fun but not for me for awhile.

Last edited:
It's like we being on the spectrum belong to a VIP club, so l decided to make up a cute label, so l thought spectrum flyer was kinda cool. Sometimes the labels are too negative and restraining. There is more thought behind that label, but that's the short reason why.

Oh, I thought it was about flyers. You know, the little paper pieces with letters and all that? From capital letters because, uh, limited edition? And I was like 'well, we need a good printer for that'.

Duh.

Oh cool! We're playing "Password". OK, my turn.

Autistic Convention: - Central Intelligence Agency ?

Oxymorons, right? :p

Last edited:
Sometimes l feel fullblown autistic other times l feel just a bit aspie, so l think l fly around on the spectrum a bit. So l feel like a frequent flyer, so spectrum flyers.

Haven't really read anything like that so l don't know if we can morph to different levels or if l am just more comfortable in my weirdness and tolerate it more.

Sometimes l feel fullblown autistic other times l feel just a bit aspie, so l think l fly around on the spectrum a bit. So l feel like a frequent flyer, so spectrum flyers.

Haven't really read anything like that so l don't know if we can morph to different levels or if l am just more comfortable in my weirdness and tolerate it more.
I was having that experience for a while myself but if figured out that its related to what kind of sleep cycle I've had or how much caffeine I've injected into myself

I'd go, but crowds and noise make me want to run. As far as the spectrum flyers thing, too bad we can't have our own airline, Spectrum Airways.

New Threads

Top Bottom