• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism the sequel

Watched it nothing out of the expected felt it was ok shame the focus wasn't more positive and no focus on the different way of being that i feel Autism is.

Most informative i have to say

Watched it nothing out of the expected felt it was ok shame the focus wasn't more positive and no focus on the different way of being that i feel Autism is.

I disagree i think they made an exelent jobb in portraying the many different ways that Autism can present it self.

It was also to me clear that especually in Lexi`s case im more then shore she also has ID like you and me Jenni. BUT neither of us can or should NOT compare to her Jenni as in ID as well as ASD its highly individual. Its also clear she is happy and thats what we need to focus on as are all the other portrayed young persons in this documantary. As they have all lucked out in getting GOOD parents and also the help they need.

And with the others again we have to remember both that boys usely gets more visable " tics " wheras girls show our in a diffent way then boys

+ the different possible Co morbid diagnosis and last also the Level they have on there ASD. So again neither of us can compare our self to them as its all highly individual with all of us how we show our Diagnosis .

Last edited:
I identified with each of them to some extent in different ways.

Neal: There has been times - way older than 24 - when I had to force myself to hear myself saying that some of the people around me see me in a good light. I wonder whether those around him have helped him check out some dietary things - an absorption issue? Anything that makes him extra scatter brained? Also I thought the people with him stare too intensely. Eye contact is overrated.

Wyatt - the self talk is like I'm now doing in my 60s, and his enjoyment in independent living is way above my year out when I was 19, plus after I was 25 (the start of my main career). His sunny personality wins some people over. I love the way he treats conversing like he is giving an amusing & entertaining lecture. (We don't of course see his usual companions who aren't there especially for that purpose.) It took me far longer to get where he was in this. But I must have been ahead of him in some ways (something "cognitive" was mentioned but not illustrated).

Lexi - dreamily and vulnerably not extending beyond the immediate concrete - I was there, even while I gave an uncanny "imitation" of not being. My conversation seemed better than hers, but was it?

Henry - my misgiving is that the way that parts of the subculture in his profession are structured, may be bad for not only his focus as an all-round personality, but his colleagues' as well. I felt neither he nor they were being helped to be serene as unique individuals. I have had extreme worries, but not about being me.

Adam. Wonderful humour with which he played the "simple tune" at age 8. (Cello takes huge skill anyway.) Were the audience patronising? Nice that he composes. I wonder if he has had his humour homogenised out of him? But sad is good too. Good to see there are professions where everyone is seen as equal. About interpretive language, I was not overtly greatly handicapped at first but have nevertheless struggled in this area and had periods of slipping backwards.

Documentary compilers can cherry pick of course.

I'd have liked an extra minute or so coverage of anything original most of them had done - I wonder if the accent was slanted in some cases mostly towards what those helping do for them. I also get that the helping people are under huge political pressure not to help at all - I am very angry about the now huge dustbin in our societies.

Is this about when we "grow up?" Hmmm. Ask my age. It is always 12. it's just no one believes me now.

It seems i actually stopped my Executive and Interlectually capulities at 8 -9 aparantly. Even took a few VALID SERISOS tests on line made to test this things and it says so as well.

New Threads

Top Bottom