• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism Research Study

carolinehicks

Hello all, my name is Caroline Hicks and I am currently an undergraduate at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I am currently working for an Autism Study focusing on the differences in language development between Autistic girls and boys. We are looking for participants (specifically we need more girls between the ages 8-12), if you are interested in participating in the study, please complete the contact form below:

https://unc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_djymqa1jeZ1p2yG

If you have any questions or concerns about the study, please email me at [email protected] or my supervisor at [email protected]. You may also text or call me at 530-302-7272. If you prefer to speak with someone else, call the UNC’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) at 919-966-3113.

1658758582122.png

Hi! I don't mean to be rude, but I feel compelled to point out, since this is a language study, that

"principle" means a general rule or concept, whereas
"principal" when used as an adjective, means primary or main

and so on the poster, your supervisor should be listed as the "principal investigator" rather than as the "principle investigator."

Good luck with the study. I understand that there are far fewer girls with a diagnosis than boys and that girls tend to be older when diagnosed, and so the demographic you are seeking will be harder to find.

Hi! I don't mean to be rude, but I feel compelled to point out, since this is a language study, that

"principle" means a general rule or concept, whereas
"principal" when used as an adjective, means primary or main

and so on the poster, your supervisor should be listed as the "principal investigator" rather than as the "principle investigator."

Good luck with the study. I understand that there are far fewer girls with a diagnosis than boys and that girls tend to be older when diagnosed, and so the demographic you are seeking will be harder to find.
I think how she responds to your post will tell us a lot.

New Threads

Top Bottom