• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Attention Fellow Map Geeks

Of course.

Atlases get republished, however that doesn't mean everyone buys a new one every year. I love my Natl Geographic atlas, but yeah...it's a tad out of date. My bad. :p

I still like my hardback Star Trek encyclopaedia....
"Updated edition - now includes Seasons 1-3 of Star Trek Voyager, and the latest blockbuster ( o_O ) movie "Star Trek - Insurrection"

First thing that came to mind with this thread is the SNL skit of Wayne's World. "Top Ten Reasons Why We're Bummed That Communism Fell in the Soviet Union"

But I love old maps. Old local maps. A special interest of mine is finding where old railroads went, and remnants of bridges and things. On the old maps they are often marked, or are at least shown as trails. And ghost towns that were only there due to the railroad, are on those maps. I also like to see roads that barely exist now except as a 2 track, and I like to explore them in my Jeep. There was one road a mile from my old house that was recently still on local maps. The road was an overgrown 2 track even 20 years ago.

First thing that came to mind with this thread is the SNL skit of Wayne's World. "Top Ten Reasons Why We're Bummed That Communism Fell in the Soviet Union"

But I love old maps. Old local maps. A special interest of mine is finding where old railroads went, and remnants of bridges and things. On the old maps they are often marked, or are at least shown as trails. And ghost towns that were only there due to the railroad, are on those maps. I also like to see roads that barely exist now except as a 2 track, and I like to explore them in my Jeep. There was one road a mile from my old house that was recently still on local maps. The road was an overgrown 2 track even 20 years ago.
I am exactly the same. I love old maps. I love exploring old roads and am obsessed with Google Maps. I grew up in a very rural area, and I like to see the old ranchos, the fire roads, the red earth from space, and remember the way it was when most of our friends didn't have electricity.

I am exactly the same. I love old maps. I love exploring old roads and am obsessed with Google Maps. I grew up in a very rural area, and I like to see the old ranchos, the fire roads, the red earth from space, and remember the way it was when most of our friends didn't have electricity.

Same here. Even back before it was Google Maps, it was Terraserver. The old railroad routes really stand out too. One thing I discovered playing with Google Earth is you can go back in time, they have footage of some places back to the 80s or 90s. It's really cool seeing how things have changed over the years. Even on my property, I can go back to when the huge pine trees weren't even there.

New Threads

Top Bottom