• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspies Central couples/friends/etc.

Effy

self-advocating autistic
We always post about relationships and whatnot on here, but is there anyone who has met someone they chat with regularly off of Aspies Central, or even whom they have began seeing?

Does anyone chat with members off of Aspies Central in general, be it social media, email or IM?

Last edited:
Not yet, but I have chatted (not necessarily regularly) with people I have met on another aspie forum outside of that forum. But, most of those people are also on this forum, so lol, I guess my answer is yes, though now that I'm on this forum, I have no reason to chat with them outside it even though I'm completely open to doing so.

We always post about relationships and whatnot on here, but is there anyone who has met someone they chat with regularly off of Aspies Central, or even whom they have began seeing?

Does anyone chat with members off of Aspies Central in general, be it social media, email or IM?

I didn't see your thread before I started mine, it is a question I have interest in. With my being a little older, living out west away from most every one on here, and my church thing I wasn't sure if finding someone was possible. And there is the face time thing, I suppose one could skype, I'm not sure if it's as good as a coffee date, to see if you can stand each other for more than 5 minuets. I would love to hear from some of you on how online love things worked for you.

Hey Harrison you have one up on me, you're the man. How about a little more detail on how it worked for you and handling the safety issues what ever you think could help?
Though I know your message was not directed to me, I want add something as I find it related.

I meet someone online in 2001. After a few months we started dating. We decided in 6 months we decided to see each other. She lives in Sweden and I live in Canada. I traveled to her. She gave me money to pay half my plan ticket. I did meet her and the wait was worth it. We dated for 8 years. Now, anything could have went wrong for safety for either person. Good things nothing bad happen. Though I don't advise someone to do the same thing I did without a safety plan.

One new guy did message me on Facebook a few times. Haven't seen him since though. Everybody else I just chat with here or in the PMs.

Though I know your message was not directed to me, I want add something as I find it related.

I meet someone online in 2001. After a few months we started dating. We decided in 6 months we decided to see each other. She lives in Sweden and I live in Canada. I traveled to her. She gave me money to pay half my plan ticket. I did meet her and the wait was worth it. We dated for 8 years. Now, anything could have went wrong for safety for either person. Good things nothing bad happen. Though I don't advise someone to do the same thing I did without a safety plan.

Thank you sounds nice too bad you didn't get married. You didn't say what kind of forum you met on, or how you handled the transition between anonymous posting and more serious communication between you. Did you skype before you met?

Thank you sounds nice too bad you didn't get married. You didn't say what kind of forum you met on, or how you handled the transition between anonymous posting and more serious communication between you. Did you skype before you met?
It was on ICQ.

I never met someone from this forum in person; but with the meager amount of people in my direct area from this forum.. yeah. There are a few from The Netherlands on here, I know at one from Belgium and maybe someone from Germany, and if I would be around and be in touch with them regularly, wouldn't mind getting a coffee somewhere.

Chatting and such outside the forum; plenty. I have a few on skype (even though I rarely use it recently), I have a dozen or so from this forum on Facebook and I got someone on antother IM client from this forum recently. Then there's social networks like DeviantArt where I have a few AC friends and I even have a few on Steam (and I still need to find some time to co-op Left 4 dead 2, heh). Heck, I even helped out someone on this forum out by editing some images for a commercial product she put out.

So I guess I'm in touch with plenty of people from AC outside of AC

I have two friends from from outside from AC.
I prefer female friends, since i feel it is easier to talk to them, and i fell they have much more interesting things than what males kan talk about.
The first one i got from second year in upper secondary school. She is really good to talk to, even if it isn't so fun every time.
The second one i met on the internet. he's the one i love talking to the most, i often get in stupid arguments over stupid things with her. And i don't get to talk to her so much, i can only talk to her when she feels like talking.

I don't have so many friends, but i wouldn't have any other friends.

Hi Effy sorry I may have derailed your thread a little, I have been PM..ed here that includes Pushpin:) and I have PM some people some too, so far no romantic PM...ing has happened that was obvious. But my stupidity on that front is legendary, as I am a stupid auspie, and a girl rolling her self up naked in a carpet, (cleopatra), maybe necessary for me to get the message. I haven't been pushing it too much because my church background may make bridging the gap difficult. If there was enough interest and a connection I would consider it maybe..there are lots of things that would have to be worked out. But it seems like people could find someone here if they wished too. Long distance courting is difficult but some people seem to be able to make it work. I guess it would come down to seeing a little of that magic in someone:D

Last edited:
Definitely no coupling going on on my end (though it has been known to happen, heh), but I have made a few friends with whom I communicate outside of this site, usually by email or by Facebook. I am very careful about doing so, however, as I try to keep myself as anonymous as possible here--I know there's always a chance that I'll be "outed," via on or off the site--I try to be VERY selective about whom to reveal more personal information about myself. It's no offense to anyone here...that's just how I am, as I like to speak as freely as possible without fear of repercussion from people I know IRL. Hell, if my employers were to find me? F***! :D

I have also made friends through other venues as well, mostly via tumblr and occasionally via Facebook; but then again, I use my real name on those sites, so I am much more open to making online friends via that route.

New Threads

Top Bottom