• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie work or live of welfare (anonymous survey)

Source of income

• Work

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • Welfare

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
Well, I did work up until a few years ago - now on social security which is from my work, so I'm counting it as the same. :)

Everyone, AS or NT should work for their living if they can. If they can't or can only work part-time, then they should be supported as needed by benefits. Few people are content to live on meagre social security benefits if if they can cope with the alternative.

I am seventy-two and I am still working. See, I told you that I was still crazy, even after all these years.

I always worked full time until I couldn't due to several disablities.
Physical and psych both.
Just didn't work long enough to get a decent SSD amount to live on when I couldn't continue working.
It truly is paltry. Work if you can.

I curently live off Welfare (and get criticised by the Daily Fail for it) but I'm trying very hard to get a job.

I'm officially on benefits, but I also have a job which pays enough so that I don't get any. Working I make a little bit less than I would if I quit my job, but I still prefer it.

I’ve worked for a living as much as possible.
I applied for benefits once when I was unable to work due to illness and once when I was unable to find a job, but I was declined for some weird loophole reasons both times.
Anyway, I’m employed full-time these days and plan on remaining that way.

I've been living off of SSI since I was a teenager. I tried to work at a few jobs I got through a vocational/rehabilitation program, but I never lasted long, usually one or two weeks. I was never able to handle the stress of a regular job.

I'm working. Based on previous experiences I wouldn't be eligible for much in the way of benefits if I become unemployed.

I would like to work 40 hour week, but had to get through some PTSD issues from marriage and divorce the last couple years. I was working 6 days a week p/t for awhile.

Worked until I was 67 but then had to retire due to bad health at the time. Wish I could have worked until I was 70 though.

These votes are under represented as this thread is hidden many pages back from main pages. It's a valid point and should be Featured I think.

New Threads

Top Bottom