• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie Father's day Message

Fridgemagnetman

I only have one
V.I.P Member
Dear Father,

I realise you were either foolish or made a choice.
Either way it's time you realised your actions come with certain obligations.
I cannot reasonably be expected to give praise for that.
Nor should you expect it.
Statistically you are average but I feel,praise can be given, you have not consistently underperformed relative to your abilities.
Happy Father's day.

What would it say within your aspie Father's day card?

Oh, it's that day coming again? Well, now that is a message I better not post ;)

(Probably because I have no idea what to write but shhh.)

You're weird, as am I.
We're both stubborn and almost always right.
I'm more like you every day.
There's worse people to be like, so that's okay.

Dear Dad,

Thank you for doing everything you possibly could for me.

For taking me to fairs, to the lake, hiking, picking apples, blueberries, strawberries and pears.

For planting a family vegetable garden every year so that we had fresh vegetables, and for teaching me how to grow things.

You taught me carpentry, plastering, painting, how to fix things. You taught me to box. You taught me to sing. You taught me how to load and fire a shotgun. You taught me to fish and use a canoe. You taught me first aid. You taught me how to survive.

And I'll never forget you, even if you've been gone for more than twenty years. I can think of no better father. Rest in peace.

Last edited:
Dear Dad,

Thanks for teaching me how to Aspie.

PS Thanks for protecting me from mother, she cray-cray.

First off... I have lots of issues with all these men set traditional days... way too many of them for me.

As far as a card to my Dad (in true ASD form) he wouldn't like it. My dad was a football jock and good at sports and all that... I was, and am mostly, his worst geek nightmare disappointment. He told me once I have about as much coordination as a corpse. Not sure why that stuck in my head?

Some peoples expectations can never be met. I finally accepted that.

I would just say (as I did)... Happy Fathers Day and expect no reply in return.

You taught me carpentry, plastering, painting, how to fix things. You taught me to box. You taught me to sing. You taught me how to load and fire a shotgun. You taught me to fish and use a canoe. You taught me first aid. You taught me how to survive.

I imagine you got up early that day.

A message to my father on a Father's Day card? Probably not a good idea, but here goes.

Thank you Dad, for teaching me to fly. Your criticizing everything I did without praise when I did right made me a better pilot. I haven't flow in more than 30 years.

Thank you Dad, for beating me silly when you had a bad day at work. I learned to mentally leave my own body from that.

Thank you Dad, for beating me silly for poor grades in school. The inspiration to improve my grades was underwhelming.

Thank you Dad, for never being there when I needed a father, never playing catch with me, and never taking me anywhere that didn't interest you.

Thank you Dad, for always telling me to "grow up" and "be a man" and installing a mental block against silliness that exists to this day. I never suffered the problems of being a child by not having a childhood.

Thank you Dad, for helping me with my bully problems with the words "hit them back" when it was 3 or 4 against one.

Frankly, this is starting to get a bit too painful to continue, but you get the idea.

I feel like I can't post anything about the positive relationship I have with my parents or anything enjoyable I did with them, it'll just make the people who don't feel even worse or even just plain hate me.

I feel like I can't post anything about the positive relationship I have with my parents or anything enjoyable I did with them, it'll just make the people who don't feel even worse or even just plain hate me.

I have read all the posts so far and I'm actually happy that not everyone had to suffer with the kind of dad I have. Of course, I can only speak for myself here but I would encourage you to share. :D

My Father is deceased for 12 years, yet it seems only yesterday and he still inhabits my dreams at night.

If I could send him a message I would tell him I know our relationship was rather mixed, but, despite my
not displaying hugs or saying I love you... I do and did.
That is just my Aspie way that you never knew anything about, so you wondered at some of my actions.
Well, Dad, I hope somehow now you know what I have learned and can understand the ASD traits.
I bet you would call me crazy to know your daughter has a form of autism.
Where ever you are now, I hope you understand.

We had good times too though, that I'll never forget.
You wanted a boy child and made me your boy named Sue.
That's OK. It fits my personality.
I am saddened we'll never walk the woods or sandy beaches fishing again.
Remember the lines from the song I referenced to you at our final parting...
We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun,
but the stars we could reach were just Starfish on the beach.
Meet you in the stars someday soon.

Hey Dad, remember when I was about 12 and not doing well at school and that private tutor told you that I had autism, but the GP didn't believe it? Well, apparantly it's true, it really is a thing. I have Asperger's syndrome, it's a mild form or autism. Explains a lot, doesn't it?

Your "just do it" mantra really was useful, it helped me through a lot. Thank you for that.

P.S Despite what the GP told you, having autism does not necessarily mean that one is non-verbal or not intelligent. Nor does my diagnosis make me a different person, but it does explain a lot of my quirks and behaviour.

Last edited:
because I'm a Christian ,I know the commandment honour thy father !but I know it means as long as he wasn't an abuser, so I don't have to .

If I posted what I really thought here, I don't think it would be well received. Probably still piles of beer cans laying outside his house anyways. Still waiting for Mother's Day, when I can post something worthwhile...

Same goes for 2 other fathers that I can think of. Stay distant, my friends.

Last edited:
Probably still piles of beer cans laying outside his house anyways.

Can you still get money for recycling cans? Or was it just for glass bottles?

Hate to think he's leaving money lying on his doorstep when he could buy more beer with it ..
:)

We'll receive it fine. Stay strong. Or something.

Can you still get money for recycling cans? Or was it just for glass bottles?

Hate to think he's leaving money lying on his doorstep when he could buy more beer with it ..
:)

We'll receive it fine. Stay strong. Or something.

Oh yeah, right. 5 cents a pop in some states...thanks for reminding me of that.

The message was something along the lines of "screw you", putting it gently. And yes, I'm stronger than I was years ago and still ticking, so don't worry about me. I'm...no, we, as in all the kids, we're all doing just fine. No denial here, that's the truth.

Thank you.

Oh yeah, right. 5 cents a pop in some states...thanks for reminding me of that.

The message was something along the lines of "screw you", putting it gently. And yes, I'm stronger than I was years ago and still ticking, so don't worry about me. I'm...no, we, as in all the kids, we're all doing just fine. No denial here, that's the truth.

Thank you.

Glad to hear it.
Takes a while!

New Threads

Top Bottom