• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspergers here- obsessed with cars and bikes

2vette2camaro

I was officially diagnosed with Aspergers about 6 years ago, before that it was "Borderline Personality Disorder". I also have OCD and ADD, apparently they say I have a BUNCH Of disorders, so I don't know.

I am a 39 year old female that is obsessed with cars and motorcycles- have been for all of my adult life. I hate women and children- especially babies, therefore I had my tubes tied.

I have been fired from every job I ever had. I have worked at home for the last 6 years.

I don't really have any friends, mainly because I don't care about what they have to say. And apparently my conversations are all one sided and I am very opinionated.

I don't have any empathy or really even any feelings for people, at all.

I love my dog and hedgehogs though to no end. I feel like my cars and bikes have feelings.

I always knew I was different, and putting the diagnosis on it, made me cry, but my husband said it just gave it a name.

Anyway, I don't know anyone else who has Aspergers, so here I am

Welcome to Aspies Central! Based on the aspects of yourself that you mention, I think you'll definitely be able to find some common ground with people here.

Obsessed with cars? Like ICM said, we'll get along great! I have a '92 base model Firebird with an EFI 3.1L and an '86 Silverado with a quadrajet 350. I'd love to hear about your cars

I have went down to 2 cars- an 81 Corvette I've had for 11 years and my baby, a 1978 Z-28 that I have had for 20 years- built the motor myself, running about 500 hp. Used to drag race it...then I got into Harleys- got a 81 Ironhead, a 56 Panhead, a 39 Knucklehead and got a Yamaha enduro that gets 75 mpg. I did have 5 cars- 3 Corvettes and 2 Z-28's, now I have 5 bikes!

I am also BIG into self promotion and just got featured on Garage Girls. My 81 has been in several mags and won numerous Best of Show trophies...I was in the January edition of All You magazine with one of my hedgehogs....... Since I like being alone, I spend a lot of my time promoting myself and getting in magazines. Everyone does say I am "Very interesting"- they don't know I have AS.

I have went down to 2 cars- an 81 Corvette I've had for 11 years and my baby, a 1978 Z-28 that I have had for 20 years- built the motor myself, running about 500 hp. Used to drag race it...then I got into Harleys- got a 81 Ironhead, a 56 Panhead, a 39 Knucklehead and got a Yamaha enduro that gets 75 mpg. I did have 5 cars- 3 Corvettes and 2 Z-28's, now I have 5 bikes!

I am also BIG into self promotion and just got featured on Garage Girls. My 81 has been in several mags and won numerous Best of Show trophies...I was in the January edition of All You magazine with one of my hedgehogs....... Since I like being alone, I spend a lot of my time promoting myself and getting in magazines. Everyone does say I am "Very interesting"- they don't know I have AS.

:shocked: Those may be the greatest sentences I'v ever read

New here myself, this is the 1st thread I saw that spoke to me. In my case the obsession is mopeds; the 70s kind, with pedals. I have owned and ridden large bikes but it's the small machines that do it for me. I worked at a shop for 6 years where that's all that was in the place. The owner is an u-Aspie I'd say- knows his stuff but not a big schmoozer, but I'm thankful he let me into part of his world and schooled me on all the proper. While there I was fortunate to meet the director of Napoleon Dynamite and one of the actors.

Really I've never been aware of the importance of self-promotion; in the last stretch of time I can see how others hacked that and I ended up sacrificing to where I could have been further along today. Even though a lot has been overcome I still get down on myself

Anyway I'm glad to see I'm not the only gearhead around, and that extends to music stuff. I applaud OP cutting down to 2 vehicles, I have been trying and it seems every time I get rid of 1 thing, 2 more take its place!

I'll get to my official intro eventually

New Threads

Top Bottom