• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspergers and Lack of Morals?

I am a "borderline" sociopath; my score is usually two or three points below sociopath, or a few points over, depending on the day. I don't have kleptomania so I don't feel the need to steal, but if I did need to, I might not feel bad. I don't feel the need to harm anything or anyone, but I've been in plenty of physical altercations and never felt guilty.
Test for Psychopathy
This is an official test as deemed by Bob Hare. I think more people have tendencies than wish to admit.

I am a "borderline" sociopath; my score is usually two or three points below sociopath, or a few points over, depending on the day. I don't have kleptomania so I don't feel the need to steal, but if I did need to, I might not feel bad. I don't feel the need to harm anything or anyone, but I've been in plenty of physical altercations and never felt guilty.
Test for Psychopathy
This is an official test as deemed by Bob Hare. I think more people have tendencies than wish to admit.

Guiltless fist fights aren't always unhealthy.

Where I come from, fist fights are just a way to seperate the men from the boys. Nothing dark or evil.

I got a 10... that sucks.

I guess I'm kind of new to the whole personality disorder thing, but I know a lot of people in political debate forums that I have "fought" with verbally that are sociopathic or have severe antisocial personality disorders, and they see to it as an advantage.

Scored 35 on the test...

But then again, I've been "misdiagnosed" with narcistic and avoidant personality disorder. "official tests" at therapists pretty much told me that psychopathology levels were really high on me. And in defense it was also said that I can manage to keep myself busy with other things rather than being a sociopath. That's how I manage to keep out of the red zone. Just hope boredom never kicks in...

Also; and that to some extent I don't care to be around people that much anyway, so that kinda makes up for not being exposed and put use of my so called personality disorders a lot.

In general I'd say that the best way to keep out of trouble if said disorders occur, is to just find stuff you like enough to not go wander and do "bad" things. The biggest problem I've seen thus far is, most stuff costs me money, which, if I'd need to work for it (collecting unemployment, halfway filing disability now), would interfere with my personal interests and motivations to keep "sane" so to say.

I once asked a therapist if my behaviour would be enough to lock someone up? But that would only be the case when something went wrong. Which is understandable, but to be honest, it's silly. People actually have to get hurt. That's also the catch 22 for most people to realize "he/she actually was crazy".

So yeah...

Guiltless fist fights aren't always unhealthy.

Where I come from, fist fights are just a way to seperate the men from the boys. Nothing dark or evil.

That's where psychology should look more into sociology and look at "cultural" things.

I mean, if psychologists look into your area they might see a lot of stuff that qualifies as deviant and as such label those people sociopaths or whatever.

Also add in; the effect it has on people who grow up there. Being exposed to behaviour that's normal to you, you'll act like you're "taught". but if you travel up 500 miles north for instance... It's obvious that you're weird/different compared to them. And if the things you do are in general things "a lot" of people wont do, it only adds to you being weird.

And with that, while writing this, a funny idea springs my mind.

What if... what if... you could map behavioural patterns based on areas within a country.

The only way we do it now is by country and take religion and "the way of living" in account. People eating other people on god knows what island isn't THAT weird in some places. Are those people inherently evil as well? I'm quite sure that the midwest in the US has some different notions and values than the LA area for instance. And the US being a big country, no wonder it's so diverse. Heck, The Netherlands, a country with 16 million people already has this going.

If you have such cultural charts around based on what people value, how they're being brought up and all, it'll be an interesting read to mix and match that to what people consider deviant behaviour only to conclude that in some parts of the country it's actually not weird, and you can't blame people for acting weird either... they don't know any better.

Glad I'm not the only one with a high score. My boyfriend got a 4.

Morals are subjective. Just because a religion/country/person/etc claims something is wrong, doesn't mean it absolutely and scientifically is wrong, or that "wrong" even really exists. Right and wrong vary from time to time and place to place; cannibalism is still accepted in some places, and pedophilia was socially acceptable in ancient Greece between men and boys.

The problems do indeed arise from boredom and inability to care about spending time in jail, which, if someone is poisoning puppies, may be the case.

New Threads

Top Bottom