• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you religious?

I agree with unsurewhattoname

Anyhow just a friendly reminder for everyone wants to post for this thread of the rules of this site for Debating Religion https://www.aspiescentral.com/threads/general-rules-guidelines.3/#post-117096

If people have turned or not turned to religion as a result of being an aspie then surely that is worth discussing? I understand religion is a hot topic for people but no ones slagging off anybody else's beliefs and it has been a constructive thread so far

I'm due to be baptised, confirmed and received by the Roman Catholic Church at the year's Easter Vigil.
It's been a big decision for me. I have always believed in God since I was little but was not bought up religious. Recent events have given me a new perspective. When I started going to Church I had a strong feeling of having come home. Not that everything is easy, in a Church full of people it's always going to be difficult. I believe in God's love though and I am sure that it's the right thing for me personally to do.

No there is little Time left, it looks like I sort of rang the final bell on science and prophecy both, am still sorting a few things but its basically over. The Atheist science boys from NASA appear to have ripped me off on my new nuclear sub-atomics and killed us all....Hawkings is all ready posting against me and beating the war drums against God.
They are only a a short time from getting enough dark matter for my class 2 faster than light battleship...then they can try to vaporize God himself on his Holy throne somewhere out by Orion.

I will hunt them and they will hunt God.

Reap the whirlwind.

i don't even understand what you mean with half of this so im not going to bother debating. i hope you are just joking

I am somewhat religious, but not overboard with it. I would have to say that I am minimally religious. Religion is really my thing because of churches, but then again churches can do some good. I have seen it.

Agnostic would be the only word to describe my current state. I grew up in a Christian household, Christian values, thinking, etc., so obviously it was thrust upon me as a child. Little of it stuck by the time I hit my teens, though.

I agree that happiness and religion are not dependant on each other.

At times in my life i have felt a strong spiritual connection to the world, something sublime that transcends logical thought and speaks directly to the part of me beyond ego leaving me with a sense of awe and connectedness to all things. This happens occasionally while i am walking somewhere beautiful like on the beach or in the bush.

I have a belief that there is definitely a spiritual aspect to life which lies beyond the grasp of analytical reason because of these personal experiences, it seems to dwell in the quiet places of the heart and world, needs no one to defend it or justify it and certainly needs no one to shed blood for it. It simply is and that is enough for me.

If i had to name it i guess i would call it Love.

I am very religious. I can't imagine surviving life without Gods comfort and peace.

I serve as a layspeaker in the Methodist Church and fill in for pastors in local Baptist and Methodist churches.

*Thought I'd put a small friendly mod note here as a reminder not to veer into discussion or debate too much. Just one of those things. Keep on posting folks; nice to see so many different opinions.*

It is good to see some of the diversity of the people here, and refreshing too see that we can post about our faiths and beliefs and not have it turn into a war zone in this thread. Not often you see that on an online forum. Kudos to everyone posting here.

I'm an atheist. There's really no convincing evidence for the existence of anything supernatural, so I don't believe.

I am religious and find great peace and many answers in studying the scriptures. I love being a gospel doctrine teacher at church and helping others make connections in the doctrine that they hadn't previously known. I believe in the power of faith and of personal revelation. I believe in God, the Eternal Father, in his Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost. I am a Mormon.

I am religious and find great peace and many answers in studying the scriptures. I love being a gospel doctrine teacher at church and helping others make connections in the doctrine that they hadn't previously known. I believe in the power of faith and of personal revelation. I believe in God, the Eternal Father, in his Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost. I am a Mormon.
Articles of faith #1... :)

I am religious. I am also a Mormon, and in the teachings of the LDS church, I have found peace and comfort. It makes sense, and it makes me happy; that is enough proof. I found what works for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom