• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are You A Morning, Afternoon, Evening Or Late Night Person?

FromEquestria2LA

Title of the post is self-explanatory.
-----
I tend to yo-yo between being a morning person (like today, I woke up today @ 7am PST, and now it's almost 9pm PST as I type this) or a late-night person, depending on how I'm feeling. Not much else to say here.....

Me too. My ideal job starts at 5PM, and ends at 2AM. I can actually function quite well compared to daytime. Once in the morning, l left for my office job with black heels of two different heights. I am more concerned about my caffeine fix then my prompt arrival.

My sleep pattern is dictated by my work schedule, my bladder, whether or not I get leg cramps during the night and a natural tendency to keep waking up, but I'm really more of an evening person. I get up between 7:30 and 8am, go to bed at about midnight.

I am an all day person. I have no fixed relationship with either day or night. I sleep when I feel the need, which is quite sporadic (that is the only way I know how to describe it.

One day I can be up before the sun and not actually go to sleep again until just before it comes up again. Another I will fall asleep around 5 PM sleep for 4 hours and then be up again until just before sunrise after the next day.

I am fully aware that this is probably not healthy, but pain and I have a strange relationship and couple that with a weak bladder (due to age) and you wind up with a paradigm of "I sleep when I am able or otherwise not intrigued/engaged by/in something".;)

What is “sleep?” Lol.
I’m a late night person. Sometimes an all-night person. But I have to be up in the morning to take care of my dogs.
I sleep at random times throughout the day and night. I sleep whenever I have a break from life issues, anxiety, and pain.

I am more of a afternoon and night person

I absolutely hate the morning due to how uncomfortable it is to me and how musty my skin feels and the fact that I feel sensory overload ... Hate it

I love the afternoon and the night cuz I feel more active and I feel more alive and happier just hate the fact that its daylight savings rn uuggh

Overall, the afternoon is awesome cause it gives me a huge opportunity of doing things

Evening and night person. Mornings are torture. I used to hit snooze for at least an hour before actually getting up.

I don't like to sleep. It is such a "waste" of time! Obviously the human body requires sleep for good health but it is a poor design in my opinion.

When I do my best thinking,and can express myself in writing the best, is immediately after waking from sleep but I still don't like to sleep. But this can be anytime of day. It is not attached to the cicadian rhythym.

But please, do not talk to me for at least 2 hours after I wake. For some reason I can not express myself well verbally after waking and my amygdala seems to be on over drive then too. It is when I am most acutely aware of my alexithymia and an innocent "how are you?" is a bit like a bomb going off in my head.

If I get to sleep as long as I want then I am a 2am person. Sadly I have to wake up at 7am so I am an evening person. I spend most of my time being tired but there is a few hours in the evening where I feel awake before I must go to sleep again.

It has varied. For most of my active career I tended towards early morning person and didn't sleep many hours at night (maybe 6 or so). Often in the millitary you have to work different shifts (days, swings, mids) and you change frequently. I think it is part of the military's research to create zombie troops.

Now retired, I have slowly swung the other way and am usually up late, till 1-2 am, and stay in bed a lot longer, though I wake frequently. Sleep comes in 1-3 hour increments usually.

Title of the post is self-explanatory.
-----
I tend to yo-yo between being a morning person (like today, I woke up today @ 7am PST, and now it's almost 9pm PST as I type this) or a late-night person, depending on how I'm feeling. Not much else to say here.....

I am mostly an evening and late night person, but also enjoy early morning between 6-7 AM when I have breakfast before starting work.

Basically I am a “non-work” person, as I work out of necessity but can’t say I find it particularly enjoyable. However, I am dependable and always try to do the best job I can. Not sure if this makes sense, but I often escape the daily monotony after work by streaming shows and movies on Netflix.

Last edited:
10am-4pm is when I am at my best. I am usually up at 4:30am and to bed by 9:30pm,...work days. I can usually sleep in until around 7:30am on my days off though. I've never been a late night person,...even when I was young and had to work those night shifts, I always felt like crap,...never got used to it.

10am-4pm is when I am at my best. I am usually up at 4:30am and to bed by 9:30pm,...work days. I can usually sleep in until around 7:30am on my days off though. I've never been a late night person,...even when I was young and had to work those night shifts, I always felt like crap,...never got used to it.
I'm a morning person. Almost exactly the same schedule as @Neonatal RRT.

I am a morning person. Best creative work between 9 a.m. & noon. Physically active starting at about 5a.m. & then about 4 p.m., I am done for the day. Do not do well with less than 7 hrs of sleep. And, btw, thank goodness for melatonin.

I used to be a night person and now, definitely a morning person. I get up at 5am. It was 5:30am, but, since I am actually awake at 4am, I now get up at 5am and love it. However, tend to be exhausted by 7pm, which has to change a bit, because I have a spiritual meeting via zoom currently, which starts at 7:30pm and can barely keep awake, but, the getting up that early, has turned into an obsession now.

If I have nothing to do and my sleep schedule is normal, I am a morning person. If I have something to do and/or my sleep schedule is messed up, I'm not fond of any part of the day tbh. The evening is also nice because that's when my dad gets home from work and sometimes we hang out if he has the time.

I am morning around 8pm my brain starts shutting down. My son who is also autistic likes to sleep during the day and up during the night. Just shows the difference in two autistic people with Asperger's.

New Threads

Top Bottom