• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are some Uber taxi drivers prejudiced against people with autism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon some of it will be to do with sex. If they're attractive young women then that might be the thing. They actually have to do a flat job and deliver a service. A lot of it will be banter between people who vaguely know one another.

Some of the sleazier ones want sex with customers.

I reckon some of it will be to do with sex. If they're attractive young women then that might be the thing. They actually have to do a flat job and deliver a service. A lot of it will be banter between people who vaguely know one another.

Some of the sleazier ones want sex with customers.

I don’t think you read this thread entirely. This is NOT the issue whatsoever!

Getting this back on topic.

The majority of Uber drivers round here are of Asian or other Foreign origin, but I don't have a problem with that as long as they drive me to where I need to be and don't charge me an absolute King's ransom for the journey (so don't use Uber during the school run hour or after 5 PM when "surge pricing" is in effect)

Getting this back on topic.

The majority of Uber drivers round here are of Asian or other Foreign origin, but I don't have a problem with that as long as they drive me to where I need to be and don't charge me an absolute King's ransom for the journey (so don't use Uber during the school run hour or after 5 PM when "surge pricing" is in effect)

Drivers have nothing to do with surge pricing. That’s the company enforcing that. But thank you for getting the thread back in track. Good grief! ;-)

I don’t think you read this thread entirely. This is NOT the issue whatsoever!

It's not to do with you being autistic. It's often either because they aren't very nice people to begin with and they take it out on you, you don't tip enough, or they want sex.

It's not to do with you being autistic. It's often either because they aren't very nice people to begin with and they take it out on you, you don't tip enough, or they want sex.

Dude, you are the only one mentioning sex in this entire thread. Uber drivers as a general rule are working too hard for the company to make their living. I still wish you would read the thread and stay within the thread’s subject.

Dude, you are the only one mentioning sex in this entire thread. Uber drivers as a general rule are working too hard for the company to make their living. I still wish you would read the thread and stay within the thread’s subject.

You're right (I think) about the surge pricing. I'd use either a normal taxi service or get a relative to take me there. If you use Uber, travel with a male friend. This isn't to frighten folk off but there is a noted problem about this.

You're right (I think) about the surge pricing. I'd use either a normal taxi service or get a relative to take me there. If you use Uber, travel with a male friend. This isn't to frighten folk off but there is a noted problem about this.

Where is there a “noted problem” about uber drivers having sex with their customers? What country is this happening in? I am in the states, and get uber/Lyft info/ rideshare work info every day and nothing ever is said of this problem. If it is a problem, then wouldn’t a “normal taxi service” also be a problem too?

Where is there a “noted problem” about uber drivers having sex with their customers? What country is this happening in? I am in the states, and get uber/Lyft info/ rideshare work info every day and nothing ever is said of tis problem. If it is a problem, then wouldn’t a “normal taxi service” also be a problem too?

Before I continue, am I talking to someone with an interest in Uber itself?

ac75 civil.png

Before I continue, am I talking to someone with an interest in Uber itself?

I have considered driving for them part time, but never did it because my car is too old, and I hate driving in the big city especially when it’s dark out. I do have friends that make a reasonable living doing it. I do read many uber driver blogs around the USA, and keep track of the horrible uber corporation themselves (they really are not looking out for their drivers). It seems that it’s the uber drivers that get robbed, beat up, have people barfing in their cars, and a whole bunch of other issues. The majority of uber and Lyft drivers are hard workers who put in incredibly long hours just to make ends meet and pay their bills. The same goes for taxi drivers.

What I'm getting at is that a lot want sex but want a cover for it. We've had a problem with taxi sex assaults here in the UK and a lot of it's people who shouldn't be on it. My point is that if you know them, know the firm, you'll get no problems with them - and they won't with you. It's all bonhomie and laughs. "Have you had a good night?" and so on.

Quarto, the entire thread here was about
What I'm getting at is that a lot want sex but want a cover for it. We've had a problem with taxi sex assaults here in the UK and a lot of it's people who shouldn't be on it. My point is that if you know them, know the firm, you'll get no problems with them - and they won't with you. It's all bonhomie and laughs. "Have you had a good night?" and so on.

You mention taxi assaults...not uber. Yet, you advise people to take taxi rides and not uber. I don’t understand. One or two bad humans does not make for all humans being bad. Sexual assault is everywhere. I have been a victim. I still have PTSD. But still, saying uber is bad because of a taxi driver assaulting women, is illogical and unfair. Plus, if you had read this thread, it was about how the original poster thought that their autism was the reason they continually were given bad ratings. No mention ever of sexual threat was ever mentioned.

The only way of knowing is if you ask some of them. If they're two attractive women though and there is no other reason... yeah. I'd want to know that.

They shouldn't be giving a bad rating for no reason.

The OP is not a woman, attractive or otherwise.

Continuing to dwell on the idea that taxi drivers are
sex crazed sleazeballs is not a productive line of thought
as related to this thread topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom