• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If living as a spirit is so free and wonderful, than why would we have to interact with people on earth? Why are there multiple worlds? What are spirits waiting for- to come back reincarnated as another human? Once I leave, I doubt I want to come back. Although I understand reincarnation and how it moves us forward, I do not understand this waiting around as a spirit. I think we cannot possibly know what is going on. Has any spirit told us exactly why they are there and what they are doing? Why are there so many spirits, but not everyone who dies hangs around as one?
The whole topic is fascinating.
I will speak non scientifically and not professionally with opinions.

There appears to be many spirits that don't interact or don't interact often, they're often around us a lot of the time, there can be various reasons why they're here, often relatives or past on loved ones appear to visit and sometimes watch over us. I have experienced evidence of this on numerous occasions, I've also seen numerous other people totally convinced by evidence that I've seen revealed to them while I was present, some have been absolutely taken aback, in fact I've even seen tears of joy and other strong emotions as something is revealed to them that only a passed on loved one could possibly know. I remember when my spiritualist friend (who is supposed to be a schizophrenic) came out with my Nan's first and surname (there was no incorrect guessing and it's not a common name) that he couldn't have known along with very precise details about their old house, very specific details about a particular ornament I used to be fascinated with as a child that they kept for years, a very detailed layout of the back garden including where the pond was and the path to it, the exact positions of the apple and pear trees, details of the conservatory around the side that was also used as as shed and much more, my Nan also had a few words to say that where exactly what my Nan would have said. Sadly there's obviously a lot of fakes out there making money out of vulnerable people and/or in the media, this angers me and all the unprofessional "ghost hunt" public events also anger me that never used to happen when I first started in 1996.

Some people also believe we all have a spirit guide, although I've had no direct evidence and I'm therefore open minded. There does appear to be a small minority of spirits that are either unhappy and/or confused after they've past on, often tragically or unexpectedly, but sometimes they're just very much attached to something in this realm that they won't let go of or they want something resolved, even though many of these spirits may come across as potentially troublesome, the majority of them aren't actually evil despite what some people believe, this can sometimes be resolved and only a small minority are truly malicious, but even then they only seem to have limited power in this realm. I have experienced evidence of this including E.V.P. recordings I've obtained and that colleagues have obtained in my presence when I was a paranormal investigator for quite a few years.

Part of you is already a spirit and your spirit is always in a non physical realm, but it's also connected to your physical body. Your physical body's sense's are powerful and usually override your spiritual senses. If you meditate so that you become so unaware of your physical body that you can no longer feel it, it is possible to sense your spirit and even astral project outside your physical body, I've done this and I've experienced actual evidence that it's much more than just a regular dream. In a way people astral project every night, although dreams take place in a different realm where objects appear to be created by the subconscious mind and they're usually not lucid. In non physical realms "matter" can be created by the mind, that's why spiritual protection techniques for instance involve imagining and visualising that there is a non passable barrier around you, for instance a bubble of light, the physics of this world don't apply there. If during an astral projection you physically feel or become aware of your physical body you will be dragged back into it, there is a strong connection while the physical body is still alive. Regarding your brain, it is possible to think and remember, effectively without a brain, memories and information seem to get passed back and forth between both spirit and the physical brain, however astral projection experiences may be treated as unimportant by the brain and may become inaccessible after a very short time upon "awakening". In a similar way you dream nearly every night in a very different non physical realm that is this time created by the subconscious mind (occasionally dreams can become lucid), but most people, especially adults fail to remember after waking up. You can train the brain to remember dreams by keeping a dream diary, you simply jot down your dream memories immediately upon awakening and then you review the diary and try to remember as much as possible later that day, you will be amazed at what you've written down at first because you usually won't remember having a dream at all until you read the diary. Keep this up for a few weeks and you will start to remember your dreams better as the brain keeps them in long term accessable memory instead, similarly astral projection experiences will also be remembered and will become accessable.

Regarding re-incarnation, there is alleged evidence, although I'm open minded and haven't obtained sufficient evidence to make an opinion, although I have been present during spirit clearances where the spirits allegedly move on somewhere, many spiritualist will claim they move towards a bright beautiful light, in many cases if the reason for a spirit being here is resolved they allegedly appear to move on willingly, although I have also been present in places where there is an extremely malevolent spirit that has been forcibly moved on. One place there was absolutely no mistake, I felt pressure and a presence that was so strong and horrid that we all had to take it in turns to put headphones on and listen to nice music in order to concentrate, it was like a very evil energy was trying everything to get us to leave, but this kind of thing never bothers me and I'm much more afraid of physical people. We didn't know, but I was in a house with a history of severe abuse and they struggled to let the place, but the issues got resolved, in fact I've seen various incidents of people being troubled by spirit where it's been resolved, sometimes with a clearance that does appear to really work (and I don't mean with a priest).

Last edited:
There is 7.62 billion humans in this planet as of May 2018, according to Wikipedia. So I ask you where is everyone (that has died) now if we all become spirits?

My brother had a little boy ghost in his house. I have had some 6th sense stuff happen too. I just am not sure what is going on.

No Schizophrenics don't hear "spirits"; They're auditory hallucinations, one of the symptoms/side effects whatever you want to call it, of Schizophrenia. Some will have auditory hallucinations, visual hallucinations, and sometimes tactile hallucinations, or a combination of the 3.

That's all they are. Hallucinations.

No Schizophrenics don't hear "spirits"; They're auditory hallucinations, one of the symptoms/side effects whatever you want to call it, of Schizophrenia. Some will have auditory hallucinations, visual hallucinations, and sometimes tactile hallucinations, or a combination of the 3.

I can't claim to have all the answers, but as I wrote earlier, some spirits seem to move on, whether they're in another place or whether some go back into a newborn baby or even a baby inside the womb, I really don't know for certain, although there is allegedly evidence of past life regression and people who claim to have remembered previous lives I'm open minded because I haven't seen the evidence personally. Some spirits do seem to stay behind however, at least for some time and some appear to visit. Even if you communicate with them, it's difficult to explain a place of existence without a point of reference. What I will say is science can't fully understand consciousness and that is what makes us different from just a physical machine, that is what some people call a soul or spirit. Look at it another way, if there was one day a machine that could make an exact copy of yourself to an atomic level and the other you was put in a chair opposite you, this would still be a different person and you would still be conscious inside yourself even though science couldn't see any physical difference between the two of you. Similar is true of identical twins, they are definitely 2 different people, each with a different consciousness even if they're physically virtually identical. So logically there has to be something else there that isn't easily detectable with normal scientific equipment yet, although spirits do appear to sometimes create EMF. as I've witnessed on many occasions.

Please try to be open minded at least. Hallucinations don't tell you things that the person couldn't possibly know about someone else, although I agree that some maybe just experiencing hallucinations, they're most definitely not all and I know from experience. I also understand your scepticism however since people are indoctrinated on what to believe and what not to, you would need to see hard proof for yourself before you believed.

Some children seem to be particularly sensitive to spirit, although most seem to lose their ability as they get older, but to a very young child a spirit is nothing more unusual than seeing a physical person or a person on a TV screen when they're discovering the universe so they're extremely open to them, it only becomes unusual when we don't accept them due to being told that they're not real.

PS: When a young child says they have an imaginary friend, sometimes I believe they're an actual spirit.

@pjcnet , the malevolent ones aren't as rare as you would think. The Bible warns about them in 1 John 4,

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world."

I am so enjoying this dialog. Thank you for continuing it.
I have a thought...vibration: mediums say that they always pray and/or meditate before communicating or channeling spirit. Everything is about vibration, which for us, Is energy... when we pray and create positive energy we cannot channel “evil” or “unwell spirits” (unwell, meaning potentially confused) it reminds me of when we are walking down the street or on a path. And we project an energy of openness to commmnicate with passerbyers or we don’t.

They say that anyone can learn to do this.
These thoughts make me sway toward the argument that indeed they can and are possibly talking to spirit but are confused, possibly compounded with the confusion of the spirit) That they may have experienced some significant trauma (that would have induced the schizophrenia in the first place) putting their mind into some sort of recessive condition not allowing them to comprehend or manage their brain when it hears spirit. I don’t necessarily WANT this to be true it is simply another possible for our reality.

First you should research hallucinations in the first place. It is someone else’s explanation of their reality. From the perspective of a purely scienticific position that would be a rational definition. But, another perspective would potentially be true given more evidence.

New Threads

Top Bottom