• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are Most Aspie Females Taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this grossly offensive.
I am inclined to agree. I couldn't read that post without thinking that a third of it is innapropriate, a third is offensive to women and a third could have been worded better. Seems like one of those thoughts that should be reworded to sound less... open and overgeneralized.

That's just my opinion though.

Why? Is it because i stated my observation? What's offensive about this? All I stated was the majority of women that I've encountered with aspergers seem to be more prone to being asexual. Did I talk down about those women? No, I did not. Did I state that there is anything wrong with being asexual? No, I did not.

I am inclined to agree. I couldn't read that post without thinking that a third of it is innapropriate, a third is offensive to women and a third could have been worded better. Seems like one of those thoughts that should be reworded to sound less... open and overgeneralized.

That's just my opinion though.[/QUOTE

Apparently, you didn't pay attention to how I phrased what I wrote. I stated that I, as in me, have observed. An objective observation, because that is what I have observed. Did I state that all women with aspergers are asexual? Again, I did not. The smallest thing offends people now. If someone told me "Most of the bodybuilders I met have been mean." That wouldn't offend me, because that is their observation that they have experienced. I told the OP that he shouldn't limit himself and gave him my OBJECTIVE observation. It is not a subjective observation, because I have observed women with aspergers first hand state that they are indeed asexual on forums such as this. If the observation was subjective, I would have stated that most, or all women with aspergers are asexual.

I'm allowed to think your statement is offensive, even grossly so. Just stating that. And it's been your observation, huh? Really? So you observed these women? Did you have experience with these women or did you just, "observe," them? Women can be asexual about men, you know. ESP those that that they would describe as, "knowing." Or... Do they say they're asexual to avoid sexual advances? Hmmm... Something to think about.

Last edited:
*Apparently I have to remind people to keep things civil and keep the personal disputes out of this discussion. If this thread keep derailing the way it seems to go I'll see no option but to close it for further comments and then we'll never know the answer. It is a sensitive subject, so think twice before you post and try not to objectify. Be aware that this kind of discussion is, by the mere nature of it, bound to make people feel uncomfortable. Respect's key*

I think that you guys should be more specific about what exactly it is that you find offensive.
Anyway, I think
1) that it is true that a guy (who is not already in a relationship but who wants to enter into one) should not decide that he has to date only an Aspie woman, or only an NT woman.
2) Anecdotally, it does seem to me that most of the Aspie women I've known are uninterested in dating. This is not the same thing as being asexual-(although some individuals who are uninterested in dating are also asexual. BTW, I've met more openly asexual, openly asexual-spectrum and openly demisexual people here than anywhere else (other than, say, an explicitly asexual spectrum forum) but I don't know whether that means anything.)
3) I have no idea whether asexuality is more or less predominant among Aspies. But if someone's experience with other Aspies seems to suggest a trend, it is okay for them to state that. Maybe word it a little better.
4) There is nothing wrong with being asexual or hyper sexual (as long as it doesn't lead to inappropriate actions. Hypersexuality might require the exercise of a little more self control). Since there is nothing wrong with either of them, neither of them are insults against any group. Stating that a particular group may be more or less inclined to one or the other of these two extremes might be true or it might be false, but in any case, it is not an intrinsic insult.

KyRN, ChurchTheArtist , Shiznown , it's ok for you to express disagreement with someone, or to think that they worded things badly. But please be specific in your complaints, and impersonal.
This should not degenerate into personal insults against other members. That goes for everybody. I am speaking as a Moderator here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom