• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone want to start an internet ASD band? (srsly)

Slime_Punk

 Please erase
V.I.P Member
This is a long shot, but I'm going for it!

So basically, I'm a multi-instrumentalist with a small following (you can check my Metal Archives link in my signature or check out my metal releases on BC). I play guitar, bass, drums and synths for my 'band', and my specialties include melodic hardcore / skate punk, and melodic death metal (along with a lot of other stuff). I've had a lot of music released on other labels, as well (including physicals), and I can produce and mix fairly-decently since I've been doing it for so long.

Vocalists would probably be the highest priority for starters (since we can technically collaborate immediately as a two-piece), but if you can play an instrument in addition to vocals I'd love to have you on board even more! Even if it's just a tambourine, djembe, didgeridoo, etc. We'll make it work!

Instrumentalists would be awesome to have on board - I'm the exact opposite of a control-freak when it comes to this, so I'd really want your vision to shine if you feel so inclined. And if enough instrumentalists join, I'd be more than happy to be the 'fifth member' (invisible guy behind the scenes) helping glue stuff together, mix the tracks, etc.

Noise-makers would be a welcomed addition, too. If your sonic heroes are Merzbow and Masonna, we'll squeeze you in. There's enough room in this band for you, too!

DJs, Tracker people and modular nerds are absolutely welcomed, too. You can load and trigger the samples, program wild synth patches or scratch records for us!

What's the genre? That depends on who joins the band. If we have a vocalist and a DJ, the group might decide on EDM. If we have a drummer and 2 guitarists, we might all decide that rock or metal is a better fit. If we all have world instruments and 5 vocalists, we might make some awesome drone folk. Every member of the group will have equal creative control, so we'll just communicate and see what works best for all of us. If something doesn't groove well with you, the group's goal will be to keep you on board and find a good fit for you in the band, because the whole point here is to have fun.

What's my role? I can be everything and nothing; if nobody joins, I'm just going to keep making solo music no matter what, so no worries there. If it's me and a vocalist, I'll come up with material tailored to them, to the best of my ability, no matter the genre (in that scenario, the vocalist chooses). If we've got a full-fledged band and I'm hardly needed, I'll just help fill in the gaps where I can, help with writing and recording, and mixing the tracks. I love taking a complete step back and letting others take over, so please do!

Requirements? Well, there really aren't any. If you know how to record your voice / instruments, you're all set. If you don't know how, but have the gear, I'm more than happy to help you figure out a setup that works for you - and if you don't have the gear, I can point you in the direction of low-cost hardware. I've got an arsenal of free software on tap and I'll show you what you need to know in order to get there, if you need any help at all.

If the logistics of this sound confusing whatsoever, they're not - I'll hopefully be creating a group chat for this (if anyone joins) and I'll show you how easy it is.

So, yeah. Who wants to start a band?

It's quite neat, l imagine it for commercial value, it has that facil listening feel.

I always wish I could join a project one of these days as I'd definitely learn a ton but I'm simply no good at making myself useful. The closest to a musical collaboration I've ever done was co-writing a few compositions.

The closest to a musical collaboration I've ever done was co-writing a few compositions.

Call me crazy, but I would think that totally counts and would be very useful in this project if you wanted to be a part of it!

I can put my take on any genre that is presented. Here my latest track.

This sounds so cool and your musical ideas are super similar to mine! That would be so awesome if you wanted to be a part of this!

Call me crazy, but I would think that totally counts and would be very useful in this project if you wanted to be a part of it!

This sounds so cool and your musical ideas are super similar to mine! That would be so awesome if you wanted to be a part of this!
Excellent! I'm in!

Here is a song I wrote that I am working on (another example). Tony Kinnard has recorded some vocals on it and I will be reposting once I've finshed all that's finished. losecontrolV15.mp3

Wow, this has some awesome dynamics. Also, if there's a vocalist on the forum I hope they stumble upon this thread!
I'm busy with making some stuff right now, but I'm your guy. Below is a link to my Bandcamp page:

Buskers

@Storm Hess mentioned me doing vocals on something earlier in this thread. Here are some of the other songs I did with him:

New Threads

Top Bottom