• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone on here have a man cave or she shed?

Have to say I'm mightily impressed by both your sophisticated taste, your industriousness and your perseverance in completing this project! How you ever got that much money together alone blows me away.

I suppose my living room is sort of like my equivalent of a man cave- it's full of Asian art I collected during travels and surfing Ebay. I just like looking at the stuff in there.

You have not met the right people. They would indeed. There are people who spend $10,000 on their dog house! I know someone who creates models and 1/12” scale miniatures for people all around the world. His clients will pay $7,000 to $18,000 on one room box. And they will buy several throughout the year. He knows a lot of people like that.

Once people tap into the upper wealthy classes, they always have lots of friends, and they all want to use your services also. There is money in your skill sets.

Your screening room really does remind me of the old Victorian train cars of the old west.
Well if anyone ever wanted to use my brain they're more than welcome I am a stickler for detail and your friend sounds very lucky

I have an attic that I have made into a man cave (but I'm a girl so I guess I should call it a girl cave!) I will try post some pics of it. I love it up there, I have a uv light and various other mood lights up there, I have a sofa stereo, TV and all my old games consoles set up. The walls and beams are all painted black and I put a stud wall up so the bit I used can be completely shut off.
Sounds like heaven yes I just enjoy shutting myself off to the rest of the world in my shed I'm God and I say what goes

This is awesome! I have a dream of buying an old romany wagon and making it into a safe Haven like this
And yes one time I was looking at getting a shepherd's hut as I'll be very interested in living in one of those tiny homes that are on wheels and I'm not talking about a caravan and I forgot to mention yes if you could put some photographs that would be great I would to love to your haven

Have to say I'm mightily impressed by both your sophisticated taste, your industriousness and your perseverance in completing this project! How you ever got that much money together alone blows me away.

I suppose my living room is sort of like my equivalent of a man cave- it's full of Asian art I collected during travels and surfing Ebay. I just like looking at the stuff in there.
Why thank you my dear and if you don't mind posting a picture of your living room I would like to see some inspiration as I'm looking some inspiration myself to redecorate my bedroom and yeah eBay is out of this world I love it

here's some:
1.Batik painting from Jogjakarta, delicate wood carvings on right from Tanimbar Isl., Indonesia, dragon candlestick from Indonesia
2.Dragon painting from Bhutan, Wood carved dragon from Kalimantan, Borneo, mask from Bali, copper bowl with pewter dragons from Burma
3.Elephant dragon painting by a Buddhist monk from Thailand

Can you tell I collect dragons :)

Attachments

• Batik painting.jpg
    Batik painting.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Bhutan painitng & Barong mask grouping.jpg
    Bhutan painitng & Barong mask grouping.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Elephant dragon painting.jpg
    Elephant dragon painting.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
here's some:
1.Batik painting from Jogjakarta, delicate wood carvings on right from Tanimbar Isl., Indonesia, dragon candlestick from Indonesia
2.Dragon painting from Bhutan, Wood carved dragon from Kalimantan, Borneo, mask from Bali, copper bowl with pewter dragons from Burma

I must say I like the elephant dragging painting that would look nice on my wall in my bedroom thank you for sharing pictures with us I was going to say me but it's not just me but thank you anyway my friend has a beautiful Chinese dragon puppet from the 1950s it's beautiful

here's some:

Those are all really nice. You've got taste.

How did that happen? :)

The name "man cave" sounds like little boys have built a fort from old boxes and have a sign "no gurls alowd".

Not saying there's anything wrong with it. Just commenting that the name sounds childish to me.

I, personally, want to set up my "mad scientist laboratory". :)

Sounds like me! Hahaha.

Also:

My man cave is like... In my room?
But it's perfect, I have a small TV, raspberry pi in there and everything I need!

I have an office which serves as my own personal space with my desktop computer and books, music, etc.

If I could drive, and had a car, I'd build a custom "Garage/Bar Cave" for my custom Batmobile car.

Well actually it'd be a Rich Mobile done up like the original 60's style Batmobile.

I have an attic that I have made into a man cave (but I'm a girl so I guess I should call it a girl cave!) I will try post some pics of it. I love it up there, I have a uv light and various other mood lights up there, I have a sofa stereo, TV and all my old games consoles set up. The walls and beams are all painted black and I put a stud wall up so the bit I used can be completely shut off.

Can you tell me more about your UV light? I had one, but cannot find it since I moved. I suffer severely from seasonal affective disorder, and will need to buy a good one before October.

I'll admit it...I didn't believe that was your shed (or man cave, living space, headquarters, etc.) at first sight, but after watching the video you posted all I can say here is brilliant work!

Tastefully decorated and fit for a true gentleman perhaps? My "man cave" pales in comparison...

Can you tell me more about your UV light? I had one, but cannot find it since I moved. I suffer severely from seasonal affective disorder, and will need to buy a good one before October.
I am so affected by lighting. Sometimes I have the uv light on by itself and other times I have other lights on as well. I find it very calming. I also have fluorescent items in the room that glow under uv light

I'll admit it...I didn't believe that was your shed (or man cave, living space, headquarters, etc.) at first sight, but after watching the video you posted all I can say here is brilliant work!

Tastefully decorated and fit for a true gentleman perhaps? My "man cave" pales in comparison...
Any chance of seeing some pictures?

If I had that particular space to deal with, considering the walls and ceiling surfaces I might have tried to make it look like the inside Captain Nemo's submarine- the Nautilus. I was always a big Jules Verne fan. :cool:

Complete with some phony portholes. Yeah..I'd love that. :p

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom