• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone on here have a man cave or she shed?

Anyone on here interested in sheds?

If so let's get chatting...

This is a picture of inside my shed.

IMG-20180519-WA0028.jpg

The name "man cave" sounds like little boys have built a fort from old boxes and have a sign "no gurls alowd".

Not saying there's anything wrong with it. Just commenting that the name sounds childish to me.

I, personally, want to set up my "mad scientist laboratory". :)

The name "man cave" sounds like little boys have built a fort from old boxes and have a sign "no gurls alowd".

Not saying there's anything wrong with it. Just commenting that the name sounds childish to me.

Ok can you come up with a better name?
Do you have a shed?

Ok can you come up with a better name?
Do you have a shed?

I haven't put together my laboratory yet. There are six of us in my household, and I can't justify taking up space for only myself.

You can call it man cave if that makes you happy. I like to name things functional names, like TV room or library room or collections display room, though the room in our house where the guys play their video games and watch movies, I call "the zombie chamber". They call it "the computer room".

I haven't put together my laboratory yet. There are six of us in my household, and I can't justify taking up space for only myself.

You can call it man cave if that makes you happy. I like to name things functional names, like TV room or library room or collections display room, though the room in our house where the guys play their video games and watch movies, I call "the zombie chamber". They call it "the computer room".
Sounds like you need your own space and I'm sorry I'm from the UK and that is what we call shed here well converted ones anyway I'm not talking about a tool shed

This is a very common name here in the USA, and it is anything but what you describe. Have you never heard of the term before?????

Thank you and yes this is a separate building shed as it is wood but cladded in metal my shed is my everything I've attached a link of my shed tell me what you think of it and here's a picture from above

The Shed at Christmas 2017.mp4

Wow!!!! Is this one of those common steel industrial sheds that people store their garden tools and other stuff in? Oh, wait, you said “wood,” so I am thinking a “tuff shed” like one buys at Home Depot. I sure would like to know how you retrofitted your shed, and heated it, and everything else. It’s truly top notch impressive!!!! What is the square footage? I been wanting to buy a shed. I live in a mobile home, and have a huge back yard.

I have oh so many questions..,such as how and where did you accomplish that architectural detailing of the ceiling? The arch, and the “old world” feeling of your shed is absolutely AMAZING. I love the antiques and richness of the interior. Your “shed” should be in architectural/decorating magazines! Can you post a photo of the entire outside of your building?

I wish you had videos of how long this took you, and how you accomplished it. It must have been quite the undertaking and costly also.

This is a very common name here in the USA, and it is anything but what you describe. Have you never heard of the term before?????
I have heard the term before and I've always thought that whenever I've heard it. Most people I know aren't wealthy enough to have empty rooms in their houses, but some older folks I know have a "workshop" or "craft room" for hobbies.

What do people do with a man cave?

Wow!!!! Is this one of those common steel industrial sheds that people store their garden tools and other stuff in? Oh, wait, you said “wood,” so I am thinking a “tuff shed” like one buys at Home Depot. I sure would like to know how you retrofitted your shed, and heated it, and everything else. It’s truly top notch impressive!!!! What is the square footage? I been wanting to buy a shed. I live in a mobile home, and have a huge back yard.

I have oh so many questions..,such as how and where did you accomplish that architectural detailing of the ceiling? The arch, and the “old world” feeling of your shed is absolutely AMAZING. I love the antiques and richness of the interior. Your “shed” should be in architectural/decorating magazines! Can you post a photo of the entire outside of your building?

I wish you had videos of how long this took you, and how you accomplished it. It must have been quite the undertaking and costly also.
Yes my shed is a labour of love and also a nightmare I started off with one big shed which was wooden and then in 2015 I decided to extend and my empire has grown in 2013 I went to the cinema and watch The Lone Ranger and I fell in love with the railway carriages so my first plan was to have a curved ceiling but I decided to do something a bit different and ended up with what I have got now which I love and I don't know the exact measurements. If you pick my shades together it's about 70 ft long by 13 ft wide and my friend is a heating engineer so he got me a gas boiler and it runs off bottled gas and yeah I do like antiques not that I have anything of real value but better quality compared to the crap we buy today and I can remember what else you wanted to know if there's anything in particular you would like to know just drop me a message and I'll tell you what do you want to know

Attachments

• _20180612_133621.JPG
    _20180612_133621.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 0
I have heard the term before and I've always thought that whenever I've heard it. Most people I know aren't wealthy enough to have empty rooms in their houses, but some older folks I know have a "workshop" or "craft room" for hobbies.

Men can get away from their wives, children, and work. They can enjoy all sorts of “masculine things” that would not be “allowed” in the often matriarchal ruled household. A lot of man caves are decorated in sports memorabilia, or automobile culture. There might be a bar stocked with fine licqour, and a place to smoke cigars. It’s a place where men don’t have to deal with floral prints, or told not to put their feet in the furniture. They can blast their big screen tv uninterrupted, and watch “the game” without being nagged to “go mow the lawn,” or some other household chore. Google “man cave” images. They are really big in the suburban USA.

Anyone can have their own little “cave” - even an extra closet could be a getaway retreat.

Yes my shed is a labour of love and also a nightmare I started off with one big shed which was wooden and then in 2015 I decided to extend and my empire has grown in 2013 I went to the cinema and watch The Lone Ranger and I fell in love with the railway carriages so my first plan was to have a curved ceiling but I decided to do something a bit different and ended up with what I have got now which I love and I don't know the exact measurements. If you pick my shades together it's about 70 ft long by 13 ft wide and my friend is a heating engineer so he got me a gas boiler and it runs off bottled gas and yeah I do like antiques not that I have anything of real value but better quality compared to the crap we buy today and I can remember what else you wanted to know if there's anything in particular you would like to know just drop me a message and I'll tell you what do you want to know

Astonished to see its in a highly urban area and well off the ground. A very nice deck also. I swear, this looks like downtown Chicago in the River North area! What is fantastic is that it looks modern in the outdid, and one could never imagine the old world coziness within. Did you buy the shed as a prefabricated unit? Are the inside ceiling architectural details custom made and out of wood, or are they pre molded units one can purchase? They are doing some amazing pre fab architectural pieces nowadays...in light weight resins and plastics.

Astonished to see its in a highly urban area and well off the ground. A very nice deck also. I swear, this looks like downtown Chicago in the River North area! What is fantastic is that it looks modern in the outdid, and one could never imagine the old world coziness within. Did you buy the shed as a prefabricated unit? Are the inside ceiling architectural details custom made and out of wood, or are they pre molded units one can purchase? They are doing some amazing pre fab architectural pieces nowadays...in light weight resins and plastics.
That picture was of my shed in 2010 it looks a bit different now I'm trying to get pictures to show you but my phone is having a meltdown and know when I got my shared it was just a standard shed but bigger so I had to wire it insulate and sheet It off so bear with me I'm trying to get some pictures for you

New Threads

Top Bottom