• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone else get perceived as being on drugs?

Yes! I've been accused of being a "pothead" since I was a young teen by various people I've met, especially in professional environments. Many "random" drug tests were thrown my way while I was employed too. I never touched weed until more recently, but it's been part of my reputation for a couple decades anyway. It's just how people say I act.

It's hard to think of in the moment, but next time a question like that comes up, your recommendation can be something (funny and) generic like:

1. Pepperoni pizza
2. Hugging teddy bears
3. start going to church
I find the comment about church the usual Christians don't threaten us so we'll slight them

yuh, I just let it go, as something i prolly hadn't scanned well, I am a christian, so uh...I get presumed to be druggie by other christians, so now you know why I don't bother with church or churchianity.

One of my faves is when the dental nurse was trying to put me out for oral surgery. She administered the drug, I went almost totally tunnel vision and then snapped back to normal. This angered the dentist, who reiterated to the nurse that I was supposed to be asleep. As she prepared to administer a second dose, I asked her what she was giving me.

"Seconal," she replied. And with a curled upper lip she added, "'Reds' to you."

All the time. I'm pretty fidgety and couple that with my Nystagmus which makes my eyes shake and I look like quite the crackhead. I'm also 6 feet tall and fairly strong looking so people tend to steer clear of me and my crazy eyes.

I got da 'crazy eyes' thing too, get comments like 'x ray vision', the whites are too white.

When I was in school other kids would scream out at me that I did drugs, but that was mainly because they knew how anti-drug I was. They'd also go around saying "drugs are coooool". So apparently it was only bad if *I* did drugs.

My friend once told me I'm sometimes like I'm on ecstasy without the pill..

Most no. Eccentric, awkward, weird, but not on drugs (even when at times I have been)

People think I am on drugs sometimes because I avoid eye contact a lot, have issues balancing (especially when walking, so I can appear drunk), and I am always very nervous and can't verbally convey my thoughts (so I stutter, mess up my sentences, etc).

I’ve had a handful tell me I’m stoned because of my flat effect and monotonous voice. Never done a single drug.

New Threads

Top Bottom