• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

anybody else here into tractors

An Art Arfons build turbine puller:
20180915_174706
For anyone who doesn't know about him, Art was a guy that built and drove surplus military reciprocating engined, turbine engined and jet engine powered rides that he either took dragracing, tractor pulling or later set land speed records with. He called them all The Green Monster
green mobster.jpg

art a.jpg

576 mph 1965.jpg

land speed records, green monster.JPG

I occasionally watch those car repair shows, us real pros laugh our heads at the mistakes they make. Before I retired one of my favorite sites was Finishing.com a site the Pros go to when they have issues I was a significant contributor. when you have an Aspie as a expert on something they are the experts expert.
I used to watch those two smacks that showed people how to do car repairs on their show.
I almost threw my TV out of the window the day the show was about how to change your heater core.

They chose an F series Ford truck that had a core access panel inside of the cab on the core box held on with two screws. Then under the hood, they disconnected the hoses. They warned you to place a rag on the mat to soak up the antifreeze, then popped it all back together inside of a half hour show :p

So easy-peasy anyone could do it :rolleyes:

I grit my teeth when they sand to base metal land then paint at least they use wash primers. Nothing beats a layer of zinc phosphate as a treatment to prevent corrosion in the future, the paint only prevents weathering.

I grit my teeth when they sand to base metal land then paint at least they use wash primers. Nothing beats a layer of zinc phosphate as a treatment to prevent corrosion in the future, the paint only prevents weathering.
I used zinc chromate on airframes

I had a hand in this:
20180617_152804.jpg

Dad's 1941 Taylorcraft BC-12D
Most of my hours were logged in this aircraft.
As it doesn't have electric start, I was taught how to hand prop the raging 65 horse Continental at about age 13.
Dad completely overhauled it a few years back, so it is really fresh and very airworthy.
20180617_152739.jpg

We installed a complete headliner in it so he can fly it with the doors off in the summer.
There is now a removable battery pack in it to run some radio gear and a GPS, but it doesn't have a shielded ignition so the radio is choppy under power.

I wasn't loving either of my homeowner grade Wagner buzz-bombs the day they both failed to deliver. They wasted both precious time and paint that day.
After I chucked them into the trash, I ended up finishing the paint work on my shed with a roller :p
just taught my wife how to us the Wagner. my knowledge of paint chemistry quickly resolved issues she was having. worked great now she looking for stuff to paint.

More from Pioneer Acres here in Alberta... I have taken so many photos there since my first visit in 2005... This is a local collector who loves Lanz tractors (I believe a German make?) and has several of them, a very friendly man...

Pioneer Acres 04.jpg

More from Pioneer Acres here in Alberta... I have taken so many photos there since my first visit in 2005... A favourite, plowing a field with a vintage machine...

Pioneer Acres 05.jpg

More from Pioneer Acres here in Alberta... I have taken so many photos there since my first visit in 2005... Just having a little fun...

Pioneer Acres 06.jpg

Went to a tractor pull on Friday night, good crowd felt good too bad big Orange D21 Allis Chalmers
had fuel issues. 50 year old tractors make the best pullers I root for the orange over the red and green.

My dad had one of these when I was very young. His was probably a 1968 and the white grill pattern on his was four horizontal white lines. His had the "culti-vision" offset engine just like in the picture.

Farmall-cub.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom