• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

anybody else here into tractors

If you have any issues let me know world class expert in this area, went on a tractor forum once.
There was always some alpha male, body shop types that got offended, with no knowledge of chemistry so I left. thier loss.
I will try and find it, but im not hopeful. I have tried to find chemicals before and not had any luck in local marketplaces. I appreciate your advice, hopedully i can find something, i will let you know how it works out

Years back, I had a Standard Twin that had every attachment available including rubber balloon tires. The mower attachment was off the hook.
All of the paperwork was still with it including the bill of sale.
We called it the widowmaker because of how fast the handlebars moved when it turned.
std twin.jpg

If I can find them, somewhere I have pics of the '46 Oliver Row Crop 60 I restored.
It came out really nice.

Last edited:
I will try and find it, but im not hopeful. I have tried to find chemicals before and not had any luck in local marketplaces. I appreciate your advice, hope dully i can find something, i will let you know how it works out
Should be able to order some on the internet, keep in mind cola is made phosphoric acid.

Seriously though i do need advice. I need to treat rust and then paint by section. What works well for treating rust? It used to be called "naval jelly" and would turn rust purple, that was, well, it was quite some time ago. I think perhaps 1998 i ladt saw that stuff for sale here. Do you know what i am talking about?
I like Evapo-rust myself.
Mostly to dip items, but I believe they have a brush on type too.

It turns some metal black i know that, i value your insight and appreciate the information, but i know nothing of chemistry really. I will likely try and purchase a commercial product that contains what you suggest, from a paint store, i guess. I have as yet ordered one video game online and was surprised it actually showed up. I am not technically literate yet.

It turns some metal black i know that, i value your insight and appreciate the information, but i know nothing of chemistry really. I will likely try and purchase a commercial product that contains what you suggest, from a paint store, i guess. I have as yet ordered one video game online and was surprised it actually showed up. I am not technically literate yet.
It turns higher carbon steel black, but generally leaves a white metal finish on low carbon steel.
A plus is that it is biodegradable and washes off with water.

it will turn black on galvanized steel. just make sure you get zinc phosphate, not iron phosphate.

It turns higher carbon steel black, but generally leaves a white metal finish on low carbon steel.
A plus is that it is biodegradable and washes off with water.
See that sounds like what i need, its used as a surface prep. Sounds way easier than the old way

it will turn black on galvanized steel. just make sure you get zinc phosphate, not iron phosphate.
Have you ever made oak gall ink? Thats so off topic im sorry. Im making ink this year to use as wood stain, thats vinegar and steel wool. Vinegar is supposed to remove galvanized coating from metal of you soak it for several days

This 1911 patent date hand grinder was pulled out of the mud in a scrapyard a year ago.
The iron was red with rust and the drive gear shaft was frozen.
24 hours later, the rust was gone and the shaft was free.
Note that it doesn't harm paint.

20210422_224134.jpg

20210422_224146.jpg

Have you ever made oak gall ink? Thats so off topic im sorry. Im making ink this year to use as wood stain, thats vinegar and steel wool. Vinegar is supposed to remove galvanized coating from metal of you soak it for several days
galvanized is just a zinc coating, vinegar is acetic acid which just dissolves the zinc .have to look that up, the oak gall ink that is.

I very effectively cleaned a 1905 Smith & Wesson 32 I pulled out of the trash by soaking it in white vinegar for about a week.
It was so rusty it was scaled up in places.
Everything now moves on it including the break action.

New Threads

Top Bottom