• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

anybody else here into tractors

Ronald Zeeman

V.I.P Member
having lived on a farm during my teenage years. I have developed an interest in the history of tractors. just waiting for covid to end so we can visit some ractor museums.

Its a beast, broke down yesterday thank god. Metal seat, exhaust pipe sticks up in front, so you can smell it all day, runs like a dream. I painted it red white and blue

I need a tractor to remove 3 of my neighbors, their houses, their vehicles. Their boring montone conversations that they shout to each about. I estimate two tonka size dump trucks. But this fantasy is free, so don't knock it.☺
We could throw red white and blue confetti afterwards.

My Dad has an old Ford tractor that still uses.

I have one of these that I found and pulled out of our back yard:

0c1187a14776a111186362a165c73c74.jpg

Only mine looks more like this condition:

b1b3cc75c94344f98bca1acccb5fb22e.jpg

I think it would be fun to restore it and get it working sometime. I could use it around my garden.

Its a beast, broke down yesterday thank god. Metal seat, exhaust pipe sticks up in front, so you can smell it all day, runs like a dream. I painted it red white and blue
If you ever need advise in painting it , I'm your guy, expert on industrial painting. tractor almost as old as me.

Ive never seen anything like that, is it from europe? It looks like an old fashioned mower blade with a motor. I have seen the blade style on pre war pull behind mowers

Seriously though i do need advice. I need to treat rust and then paint by section. What works well for treating rust? It used to be called "naval jelly" and would turn rust purple, that was, well, it was quite some time ago. I think perhaps 1998 i ladt saw that stuff for sale here. Do you know what i am talking about?

Seriously though i do need advice. I need to treat rust and then paint by section. What works well for treating rust? It used to be called "naval jelly" and would turn rust purple, that was, well, it was quite some time ago. I think perhaps 1998 i ladt saw that stuff for sale here. Do you know what i am talking about?

Zinc Phosphate, sand to exposed metal. apply keep damp (towel) for maybe twenty minutes. look for nice grey coating of zinc phosphate crystals. prime and paint.

Last edited:
Ive never seen anything like that, is it from europe? It looks like an old fashioned mower blade with a motor. I have seen the blade style on pre war pull behind mowers

The pictures I posted are examples of a two wheeled "walk behind" tractor made by the David Bradley Company in the USA. They were common until the 1960s and were sold by Sears & Roebuck. You could order them from the Sears catalogs.

Yes, that's a mower blade on the front of the one in poor condition, but it's not permanently fixed. It's an attachment. Like four wheeled tractors, the David Bradley two wheel tractors had a lot of attachments that were available for it from things like the sickle mower attachment to cultivators, discs, a timber saw, tillers, etc.

No safety guards on this attachment.
ea9f7e911db56d99f39ae31516a18af2.jpg

Or this one.

fDavid_Bradley_portable_power_saw__1200_S_5a5abdea3b7d8.jpg

Clearly those attachments were designed and sold in an era where people took personal responsibility and accepted risk.

The pictures I posted are examples of a two wheeled "walk behind" tractor made by the David Bradley Company in the USA. They were common until the 1960s and were sold by Sears & Roebuck. You could order them from the Sears catalogs.

Yes, that's a mower blade on the front of the one in poor condition, but it's not permanently fixed. It's an attachment. Like four wheeled tractors, the David Bradley two wheel tractors had a lot of attachments that were available for it from things like the sickle mower attachment to cultivators, discs, a timber saw, tillers, etc.

No safety guards on this attachment.
ea9f7e911db56d99f39ae31516a18af2.jpg

Or this one.

fDavid_Bradley_portable_power_saw__1200_S_5a5abdea3b7d8.jpg

Clearly those attachments were designed and sold in an era where people took personal responsibility and accepted risk.
That Is the scariest thing i have ever seen. Its got to have a clutch on it somehow right!?

Tractor fuel... I've made many trips to a local farm museum for their annual show, I'm not a farmer but I do like any moving vehicle...

Pioneer Acres 01.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom