• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any one else here obsessed with physics?

Neither mathematics or physics has all the answers. See Kurt Godel for mathematics, it does have limits, physics biggest issue is Gerneral relativity, and quantum mechanics so far cannot be reconciled, black holes are key to solving this mystery Something that has always interested me, the key seems to be length cannot be absolute.
locality may not exist; the one assumption relativity relies on which in just the last couple of years is finally being questioned. this may be the big obstacle that has been holding back physics for the last hundred years. Wrong Paradigm.

I am speculating that once I know enough math to understand blackholes through symbols and equations and inequalities, then it will be tangible enough for me to be interested in it.
In one sense math is abstract, but in another it makes things tangible. I feel I have grabbed that thing by the balls, to use a potentially offensive sounding expression, when I know its properties mathematically.

So I tried googling it -- and found this (does Latex work in this forum?)

Schwarzschild radius
\frac {2G_N M}{c^2}

And while I can read the explanation and loosely see what it's doing, now I'm stuck because WHY is this so?
How did they find this formula? Is it based on a combination of axioms like they do in math??
This is my frustration with physics -- where did this formula come from? Do I just have to accept it as truth?
With pure math, you could prove it, or derive it from something else. But how do you do this f

I am speculating that once I know enough math to understand blackholes through symbols and equations and inequalities, then it will be tangible enough for me to be interested in it.
In one sense math is abstract, but in another it makes things tangible. I feel I have grabbed that thing by the balls, to use a potentially offensive sounding expression, when I know its properties mathematically.

So I tried googling it -- and found this (does Latex work in this forum?)

Schwarzschild radius
\frac {2G_N M}{c^2}

And while I can read the explanation and loosely see what it's doing, now I'm stuck because WHY is this so?
How did they find this formula? Is it based on a combination of axioms like they do in math??
This is my frustration with physics -- where did this formula come from? Do I just have to accept it as truth?
With pure math, you could prove it, or derive it from something else. But how do you do this for physics?
Just the basic escape velocity equation rearranged to calculate the specific distance for a given escape velocity.

I'm in the same boat. Did not do well in precalc and doubt I ever could, even with tutoring. Fortunately, you can understand most of it without doing the math behind it. Einstein is said to have been mediocre at math and had his grad students do most of the math for him. I don't think Einstein would have made it in science today.
I have always found it strange when very intelligent people don't do well in math. Math graduates supposedly have one of the highest average iqs of all studies.

Last edited:
I have always found it strange when very intelligent people don't do well in math. Math graduates supposedly have one of the highest average iqs of all studies. That
I had a 740 in math and a 790 verbal on my SAT. (Back in the day when 800/800 was perfect.) At that time the highest combined SAT the school had ever had. I still did terribly in precalc.

We do not do Sats up here I 92 percentile 47 years agon and my brother got 93. just given to a class by a teacher as a test. in grade 12. I never had an issue with any subjects did but did not like languages. So I never really applied myself, in high school.

Last edited:
We do not do Sats up here I 92 percentile 47 years agon and my brother got 93. just given to a class by a teacher as a test. in grade 12. I never had an issue with any subjects did but did not like languages. So I never really applied myself, in high school.
I don't like the languages either.

I never took French even though it was required, also refused to take English past grade ten after all in grade 6 scored grade 12 six months in English comprehension. I have always read a lot the school board made new rules for my family so the things like compulsory subjects did apply.

A lot of this stuff is beyond my comprehension... reminds me of the type of stuff I slept through in high school lol

But I think it's an amazing thing to be interested in! It's such a different way of looking at the world than what I'm used to. It's so mechanical and objective.

I just saw a u-tube video questioning whether gravity could be emergent, really got me thinking last night, are aliens real do they know something we do not. is gravity somehow related to electromagnetism.

Wow is physics getting interesting, in the last month, that Nobel prize really shook things, see Peter Woit's blog last time there was this much confusion was in the late 1800's with the fight over whether the ether existed. Gravity is not what it seems does dark matter really exist. does locality exist? Does the general theory of relativity have some cracks in it some basic assumption made may be wrong. Biggest one is length is not absolute. so obvious to me

The current debate on PETER Woits blog is getting very interesting as all the egg heads fight. just in the last two weeks both high energy physics and cosmology got conflated, things are really starting to heat up as blows are traded. To many anomalies boy these guys know how to fight

Last edited:
Physics has passed an infection point, these physicists all trained in using heavy duty math are really confused about spooky action at a distance. irrational numbers exist for a reason. length is not absolute all space in interconnected, why can they not see it. so obvious Steven Hawking almost saw it, these guys are too beholden to their education's. and specialties, most are not familiar with general relativity spent too much time learning quantum mechanics in university. and ignoring the obvious, told do ask questions. locality does not exist I figured this out 15 years ago see the beginning of this thread. Grade twelve math. so obvious all it took was a Nobel prize
to shake things up. Fortunately, I have no reputation to protect, just some amateur who has followed physics for 5o years as breakthroughs were made. steady state to big bang quasars to black holes Now it is my turn to state the obvious. Time will tell if I'm on to something, based on history usually I'm correct. I really trust my ability to see things others cannot.

Sometimes the obvious is so obvious it is not obvious. I think that is the case here years from now many will feel really stupid. what a simple solution, being agnostic, really makes me think GOD Is a real genius.

Last edited:
It a black hole a type of Klien bottle, has volume, inside is outside? It would resolve Hawkings. equation.

Last edited:
Physics is starting to change Paradyme shift, so you're getting in on the ground floor. Paul Dirac had a habit if doing what he called the belt trick. take his belt give it a half twist, put it together resulting in a mobius strip.
what did he want to get across by this. My interpretation the universe started with a big bang. space is one dimension, as space formed it had a half twist the third dimension was emergent as was time. a particle like an electron entangled with a second electron would be in continual contact with each other irrespective of distance. The wave form of the electron orbiting a nucleus proton would require two orbits a spin of .5 spooky action at a distance no longer that strange

Last edited:
last night I got another epiphany on how to do what I now call quantum travelling, sort of similar to quantum tunneling. to explain how I got there I have to tell a story basically my life story.

When I was young, I remember coming how one day after being teased at school about my name, first it starts with a Zed the last letter in the alphabet, in cannot be pronounced in English the way its spelt in Dutch its seaman in English its Zeemen as my son found out they can quickly call you Zee man or a play on the man which he sorts of likes we were called Zeemie, which I did not like, thank god being young they us kids did not know the word Semen or life would have been hell. either way I mentioned this to my mother, so she pulled out an encyclopedia. and showed me an article on the Zeeman effect and sat me down and told me some family folklore. many years ago, the king of the Netherlands went swimming, got into trouble and a local man saved his life, the king proclaimed that from that point on his savior's surname will be Zeemann and only members of his family from that point on will be allowed to carry that name, Years Latter my aunt dad's brother's wife tried to confirm the folklore, without luck. when I was 14 years old, I read an article in scientific American, my dad was a subscriber and there was an article on a branch of mathematics called Topology written by a mathematician, named Christopher Zeeman, being young I wrote a letter to him inquiring if we could be related, he wrote back and said no with a few reasons first he was born in south Africa, second he believed his name originated in Germany, and finally his name was originally spelt Zeemann. that was the end of that, years latter while in college I tried to do a bit of genealogy on my surname, and they sent back a quote with a few letters from a few ancestors' a brief Genealogy chart going back a few hundred years on the letter my ancestor signed his name
Zeemann. I've always had an interest in physics and a bit on mathematics, though I Did not peruse either one in post-secondary education. to make up for this I do a lot of reading on both looking for clues on how the universe works trying to pieces of the larger puzzle, since my stroke it seems every few days another part of the puzzle comes together. Twenty some years ago I Read a book, called Fermat's Enigma, by Simon Singh, I just knew some of the mathematics related to how the universe worked symmetry is the key and topology is somehow involved, before I retired to pass the time at work, I came across the monster group and some weird connections and something they jokingly called monster moonshine, an even weirder it was tied into the mathematics of sting theory. I had given up on string theory, years ago, now was more of an adherent of loop quantum gravity, which now also seems to be falling apart. As evidence keeps pouring in I knew I had to visualize things differently and two nights ago I realized there must be a way to convert one dimension into two easy mobius strip so did the universe do this when it formed big bang and second how can a black hole have the inside on the outside Hawking's work, and it hit me Klien bottle it can be transformed and exist using topology easily in four dimensions, got me thinking can a strong enough gravitational force distort space enough to temporally form a fourth dimension the inside of a black hole is the outside Bob Lazar may be up to something a very heavy element may be able to distort gravity enough to make a space ship that can travel anywhere after all quantum tunneling is weird used Every day in electronics. This is not that much different complex analysis is used every day to land planes is this not that much different. the math works it's simple all we have to do is change our Paradyme on how the universe works. easy to visualize for me the more information I gather the more obvious it gets. Love those U-tube videos on physics picture is not just equal to a thousand word but also a number of numbers. you can skip the math,

My obsession has always been determining how the universe works via particles physics or cosmology. Anyone else having simular interest, I would love to connect with.

Before the beginning all was nothing and nothing was all, infinity and zero were the same. A single point in space can be anywhere, with every where being where that point is. As the point has no volume and movement is undetectable, time would not be required, as its passage would be unobservable.

Since space cannot be infinite and a point, mutually exclusive, its volume can only approach these two boundaries. A single particle would exist as a distribution over the breadth of the universe. Hence the origin of Quantum Mechanics, an expected consequence.

Time is a consequence of movement not an entity in its own right. Movement always exists with every particle thus inducing its own time. Only at the moment of the big bang were their no movement and thus no time. Time started with the big bang, it can only flow forward.

If the universe were static and made of particles that were point like there would be not need for time. You could not tell one instant from the next. Nature does not like undue complexity; time is the result of movement, and as long as movement exists so does time. Time is emergent see Carlo Rovelli's book The Order of Time see an alternative opionion see Lee Smolin's book Time Reborn.
Thanks for the thread. I'm a little short on time right now,but I will definitely come back to read,and maybe even post.

My thread is a accumulation of over fifty approaching sixty years of deep thinking, lots of reading trying to make sense of the world, I love real life puzzles, and this is the biggest puzzle out there. A lot of professional physicists are already on the trail so called spinor models the addition of the fourth dimension scares them lack evidence for its existence, but then they have no idea what space is, gravity is not what we think it is general Relativity is just a bit more complex quantum mechanics is not controlled by the observers, so it also needs a bit more work I believe the breakthrough happened a couple of years ago great time to get into physics if you have an open mind. learn some heavy-duty mathematics, my educated guess would be Topology and complex analysis after Heisenberg made his breakthrough following his instincts learned linear algebra leading him to quantum mechanics and Einstein taught himself, with help from his friend non-Euclidian geometry which led him to the general theory of Relativity. We are on the cusp of another revolution. All the pieces are there just waiting for someone to connect. I can see it in my mind's eye.

Last edited:
Everybody among the conspiracy theorists likes to quote Tessla lost papers hiding secret technology. you should really look at Dirac's lectures he has some real gems I heard of this stuff before but did not think about it much at the time, know I think it's more relevant, it might show a hole in Einstein theory of relativity. he expected observations in the future may show what he had seen now 50 years later he had some real insights looks like things are coming together. Quantum mechanics and relativity both look correct one has to be wrong Dirac is one of us he had some amazing insights. Relativity seems to most likely have holes locality is the biggest assumption.

What I am referring to is Dirac's, large number hypothesis, too much of a coincidence.

Last edited:
Interesting thought this morning what if there are two adjacent concurrent universes symmetric. Richard Feynman hinted at this many years ago explains anti mater, all the math fits time goes in reverse and the anti-universe shrinks, either way we have lots of time at least 15 billion years to figure out not complicated very simple model the universe really likes symmetry. hints in monster moonshine. What I find neat about this is free swill and determinism can exist con currently.

Last edited:
Years ago, a physicist, named Oskar Klien approached Einstein that he had a mathematical solution which was very intriguing add a fourth dimension and some interesting things happen to his equations. This math led to string theory.
I think he was on to something as per my previous post's nonlocality two universes one matter other anti-matter. And everything starts to make sense. two universes four dimensions each make for a total of eight add two more of time makes for a total of ten. the key is nonlocality. the universe is not local but connected through the fourth dimension, So no spooky action at a distance. It all starts with length is not absolute so obvious.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom