• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any one else here obsessed with physics?

Boy am I having fun watching U-tube videos on physics Brian Keating. Lex Fridman good guests. One guest I really like is Eric Weinstein. Do not count him out I've been around a while even the conspiracy things about universities ring true.

Last edited:
Really enjoying watching Eric Weinstein on his pod cast interviewing Roger Penrose and following their debate as it appears we are all visual thinkers. Sort of like being on this site. I wish I had more education in complex mathematics.

Watching u-tube videos, of Lex Fridman, and Brian Keating moderating debates on physics is my life now would love to see Ed Witten as a guest debate Eric Weinstein. Am I the only person here that follows these guys?

Just read an article in Discovery magazine a year ago discussing an anomaly most easily explained by two universes parallel, with the alternate going backwards in time basically what I visualize, no heavy-duty math

How can one develop an interest for physics through math?

I’m interested in math and find it rewarding (I’m doing an undergraduate degree in it at the moment), but I cannot sustain an interest in physics or theoretical physics. I bought a book on water mechanics (forgot the word), because the illustrations looked interesting, but I cannot make myself read it.
I fall asleep watching videos on theoretical physics and quantum mechanics. Planets and black holes bore me to no end.

I feel guilty about this since I have the capacity to learn it, and I feel I “should” at least attempt to sample a field that many bright minds find intriguing. Perhaps I am ignorant? Missing something?

So, if there is a way to look at physics purely mathematically, I might be able to enjoy it. One idea is to look at the various phenomena as real life examples of math concepts.

Does anybody have any ideas?
I’m mainly trying to make myself interested in quantum mechanics. I know this sounds unhealthy but I want to do something new.
Physics uses lots of math some has taken it down the wrong path, see renormalization. a breakthrough came with William Hamilton a mathematician. who has been ignored, Maxwell equations were determined by a paper written using Hamilton's techniques by Maxwell check it out this could be the opening your looking for. physics has been stuck for 70 years we need people like you to make the breakthroughs. Previous breakthroughs were made with math.

Last edited:
the biggest issue I have seen in physics now is lack of new ideas and the refusal of the older established. practitioners, my age or older to spend any time looking at them as they navel gaze at their own stuff. Saying you are too busy and do not have the time is not an excuse. Imagine if Einstein, had been to busy at the patent office. Just doing his job.

Last edited:
Watched a U-tube video of Lee Smolin discussing. String theory and how it is still on the wrong path Even admitted he thinks his formally pet theory loop quantum gravity is not the answer. Then he said something interesting he had just discovered octonions which I Thought was neat as I had just discovered quaternions in the last few weeks as Max well wrote his famous paper in this form of mathematics, not well known. he thinks this may be the solution as do I in making headway.

The more I familiarize myself with William Rowan Hamilton, the more impressed I get, he was definitely one of us

I have access to an AI chat program. asked it can the universe be described by four spatial dimensions. it answered.
Einstein's equations work most accurately using four dimensions, rather mundane.

I asked the question that started this thread confounded the AI. Funny absolute length cannot exist. Simple to see in my mind's eye as space exists. and the length od square root of two must as a length must exist. once you except this Bells theorem is no longer spooky. The same argument can can be used for pi as a circle must exist in real space.

Last edited:
Watching u-tube videos on physics looks like I finally found a theory that sort of matches what I see in my mind's eye it's called constructor theory. do not know much about it. slowly getting up to speed not that old 2012. It could quickly become leading candidate, for how the universe works. If your young and want to make a career in physics so far only two people are working on this. When I had my stroke, I had a NDE. the only thing I remember was one message the answer you seek is information. was this my subconscious starved for oxygen who knows.

Last edited:
Starring to watch some interesting, Alternate visions of physics David Adair and Wolfgang smith really bright guys.
fascinating.

I used to love Physics in College, as well as chemistry though I had a hatred for math. I remember struggling with algebra, I mean seriously struggling. I didn't think I'd ever get past it to the calculus I needed to get up to and I went to talk to my professor for extra help understanding but he wasn't there so I sat to wait on a bench in the hall. One of the other math professors saw me and asked if he could help me with something.

Well to make a longer story shorter we got talking about what I was taking for classes and when I told him Physics and Chem (among others I was a wildlife bio major with a liberal arts and science minors) and he asked me how I was doing in those classes I said Fine, I'm at the top of my class. He says to me, then what seems to be the issue with the algebra. I told him flat out the formulas dont make any sense to me, its just numbers and letters, why cant we just have word problems then I'd ace this too. That seemed to set him back and he laughed and said most people would want to get rid of the word problems. I asked him Why would you want to do that, they make sense. I know the why I need the answer, and what I am supposed to be looking for. That was how I could do the calc in physics, It made sense , algebra did not as it stood in my understanding.

He took that information and used forestry to explain it and things finally started to click. I will never forget him for giving me that gift of knowledge. I was just wondering if anyone else had anything similar or if math just came easy like the physics did?

FB_IMG_1682560545340.jpg

I just took Peter Woits advice and am watching Angela Colliers U-tube video on string theory is bs. The emperor has no clothes. Only a fellow Aspie would call them out like she does do not think she will be invited to Ed's place for dinner.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom