• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any household chores you like?

I like to cook (mainly because I like eating it after :blush:) and I like laundry, though, at the age of 30 years old, I still don't know how to iron things without burning myself or the garment :emojiconfused:
Soapy dishwater kind of terrifies me (even thinking about how it feels is icky enough...) so my partner usually does washing up. Vacuum cleaners are also too full-on for me. I sympathise with every pet who has ever hidden under furniture, run from the room in terror or barked at the horrible thing, because that often what I want to do :screamcat:
Everything else usually gets done...... eventually by either myself or my partner in fairly equal portions, but neatness is neither of our strong suits, and we certainly struggle to keep on top of it all. I don't think I'd manage at all on my own....

I love to tidy up and put stuff in order! Nerdy about it, too! :D I like to clean my bathroom mirror of dust, toothpaste-flecks, and smudges. But then, there's always this befuddled little lady WITH WRINKLES :fearscream: staring back at me, and I think: "Man.. this can't be right." :smile:

I love to hang out laundry on my clothesline. I hate putting it into the wash though, I need to get a washer without that bloody oscillator. Not a fan of folding it either, it always makes my shoulders and back hurt.

I don't mind sweeping and dusting, but I don't see dirt very well and miss a lot. Loathe vacuuming, that clunky heap is hard to manage and it makes entirely too much noise.

I don't mind scrubbing the bathrooms, so long as there are no chemicals involved. Bathroom cleaners make me sick faster than all those other filthy cleaners.

Dishes... Ew. I'm so glad I have a dishwasher. I did it by hand for two years every night, I don't want to go back to it.

No yard trimming for me, lawn mowers are even worse than vacuum cleaners!

I used to LOVE as a kid learning how to cook and build things. Sadly my father was a hot head and did not have the patience to teach and my mother refused to let me bake or wash clothes.

Then one day once I reached a certain age she expected me to know how to do all this

Love it all! Used to absolutely adore being a house wife, only thing that got to me was the isolation. So frustrating now I have a job I hate and my house is a mess

I despise cleaning the bath, but give me a broom, and I will happily sweep the whole house. I've liked sweeping the floors ever since I was a kid. And given a choice of cleaning 100 toilets or going shopping, I'd choose to clean the toilets thank you very much. I don't like cleaning toilets at all. That just shows how much I hate shopping.

I actually like any house chores but under certain conditions. Some I prefer to do alone, some - when the family is in the house. Shopping - early in the morning, when stores are almost empty, and when they are well-organized. The problem is not in doing chores, but not having a lot of energy to do them. Sometimes it's just exhaustion, but very frequently it is migraine. I've just finally been able to clearly identify when migraine starts and ends, during the 1st stage u can be very irritable and disoriented, and during the 3rd - completely drained. During warmer months of the year migraines can be more severe and can happen almost every day.

I enjoy almost every single chore except laundry, which is probably because in my house there hasn't been a good way to do it yet that has been established. I don't really know why I like doing chores—maybe it helps me to feel needed? Maybe it's because I get to have control over it. Oh and I LOVE cooking.

I don't like cleaning itself, but I love the feeling I get from seeing everything being clean and tidy. If there's a chore I actually like it would be feeding the cats. Those hyperactive furballs are funny to look at while they wait impatiently for their food. Also one of them always rubs his head against my head before he starts eating. Like he's saying thank you.

New Threads

Top Bottom